ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cover missing

elj

clio 182
Just went to check the oil and discovered the engine cover was missing. The car had a lambda sensor replaced a couple of weeks ago by a local garage but I have no idea why they needed to remove the engine cover. Is the cover actually needed or is it just cosmetic. They are looking for it but is it really needed and does anyone have one spare for a clio 182?

Go back to the garage and ask why it is not there?

No function other than to look pretty.

They often come up for sale in the 'parts for sale section'

(My brother took his peugeot to a main dealer and his went 'missing'. The garage to this today insists it was never present. It's impossible to prove otherwise though!)

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It is cosmetic but I'd be pissed if they had removed it and not replaced.

Me too . They need to either find a replacement or reimburse you for the cost of a new cover . I always used to take mine off before i took it a garage in case they tried to pull off the oil cover and broke the clip , then i'd replace it when i got the car home .

elj

clio 182
Thanks for the replies. It was the wife who took the car down and I didn't think to check under the bonnet as they were replacing the lambda sensor and had no reason to be in there. No idea why they took it off. The garage eventually found it and said they sacked the guy who had carried out the work-seemed a bit harsh. I got them to put a spacer bolt onto the lambda as I've got a decat and the emission light hasn't come back on. If anyone knows a decent renault mechanic in South London I would appreciate the tip as it may save me some more random parts next time.