ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cutting out momentarily HELP!

Clio 1.2 8v
About a few weeks ago my 2005 clio mk2 cut out for around a second when driving jerking the car, it happened a few more times after that over the next few days but disappeared.

One day on the way home from work it cut out waiting at a set of lights but luckily it started again, the next time it did that I was letting someone through a small gap in the road and it did the same but wouldn't start.

After getting it recovered home I pulled out a sparkplug and they were wet with fuel, plugged a ht lead in and tried to turn it over no spark. A quick Google later someone said the crankshaft sensor on the top of the gearbox was at fault I removed it cleaned it and it started up perfectly, also fixing my intermittent Rev counter fault too.

I ordered a new one anyway from the internet but the car drove perfectly for a week, then on my way home from the doctor's it jerked again so I fitted the new one and I left the car running for about 10 minutes and it's cut out again.

Any ideas on this fault I'm scared of driving it incase I block traffic at a set of lights or something, is it a common problem eg broken wire in the engine loom? I really need to get it sorted its my only car on the road at the moment.

It's a 1.2 8v if that's inportant.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Pissing in the wind really.

Without it showing any faults it's a case of trial and error.

Clio 1.2 8v
I did think maybe the coil but I would of thought it would be happening more often or all the time under load. I've pulled the ecu plugs out to see if there was any water or crud in the pins but nothing.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Could try a 2nd hand coilpack and see if it works.

The 3 basic things you need is fuel, spark and compression.

Need to see which one it's losing.

Clio 1.2 8v
Well I know it's spark, I thought as the coil gets told when to go by the cam sensor and it's had a new one it must be before that. I know these cars have really bad wiring, I might pull the loom off and open it up see if there's anything obvious.

Clio 1.2 8v
Just thought about that actually [emoji23] f**king idiot might be the coil