ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cutting out & now toxic fume monitoring warning light!

RB 182
I've got a 1.2 16V clio and its being a right pain lately :(

The engine cuts out alot when I'm going really slowly or stopped. The revs will be unsteady and the car will judder and then the engine just cuts out as though I've stalled. If I notice it in time and give it some revs, it stops it from cutting out. Often it also feels like the car loses power for a couple of seconds when I'm driving, as though something’s holding it back.

A few months ago the toxic fume monitoring light started flashing while I was driving and the car lost all power and I couldn't get over 10mph. Changed the ignition coils and that seemed to fix the problem, but today the light has come back on but its staying on.

Anybody had the same problems or know what might be causing all this?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needs plugging in to say for sure but I'd guess either and H02 or a possible throttle body fault; start by removing the TB and giving it a bloody good clean