ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cutting out

1.2 clio dynamique
hey sorry if this has been posted before but ive been having problems with my 04 reg 1.2 16v clio. it began misfiring so i changed the spark plugs and coil pack. this was last night and ran perfectly, and today nine times out of ten the engine fails to start. it turns over just doesnt fire. on the odd occasion it will start up but cuts out straight away and then the emmisions and electrical fault lights come up. any help will be much appreciated.

clio 172 phs1 turbo
might sound silly but first things first :) make sure either.......
1. the plugs are the right ones and are the same size, length, and that the gaps look about the same size (in case 1 got dropped and squashed the gap) etc
2. that they didnt get overtightened and crack the white insulating cover
3. that there tight enuff lol (eg finger tight with socket and extenstion, then quarter to a third turn with rachet) doesnt really need any more then that
4. make sure ht leads are on properly (they should click when on properly)
give that a quick look then report back lol and we can go from there :)

1.2 clio dynamique
cheers for the reply. ive just checked all four and there fine. ive got the RAC coming out now anyway, figured that seeing as im paying for the service i might aswel use it :)

clio 172 phs1 turbo
good times :race:that and the throttle body was the next point after the easy stuff was checked

1.2 clio dynamique
just changed the crank sensor and now it starts pretty much everytime but ive still got the emmisions and electrical fault lights up. could this be a fault with the new coil pack?

clio 172 phs1 turbo
might just need clearing off the system as the car is letting you know there was/is a fault. call the rac back and say youve fixed the prob but the lights come back on, and theyll come back out and clear the code and thingers cross it stays off or they can connect it back up and see whats going on;)

1.2 clio dynamique
well since my last post the problem came back. so over the next few days i swapped the coils over about 5 times and the problem was only present with the new coil. i got the new coil replaced and i fitted it this morning and it all seems fine :)