ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light on!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Just took my car out for a spin and the engine management came on when starting it up. It's still on at the mo, any idea's what it could be. I dont have the manual either btw. Not what i need when being made redundant and a service and MOT coming up.
Cheers

Most likely on the 1.2 it's excess s**t in the exhaust system, give it say ten or more clean starts, and the light will go off.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Most likely on the 1.2 it's excess s**t in the exhaust system, give it say ten or more clean starts, and the light will go off.
mmm, thought it could be something to do with the catlyic converter/emmisions. Do you mean just keep starting the engine up and see how it goes. Does this happen quiet alot then? Ta mate

My engine light came on and my carbon cannister was ticking..so I changed it but it still ticked and the light stayed on.
I changed the o2 sensor befor the cat and had the light reset and all was fine.
Best to get it on a diagnostic machine.

F56 MINI Cooper S
My engine light came on and my carbon cannister was ticking..so I changed it but it still ticked and the light stayed on.
I changed the o2 sensor befor the cat and had the light reset and all was fine.
Best to get it on a diagnostic machine.
Going to give renault a ring tomorrow, see if i can get it booked in for monday morning. Thanks for info mate

F56 MINI Cooper S
Still on this morning, went down local garage and they're shut. Called renault and they cant get it in until wednesday. If i give it a good thrashing do you think it would help or just make whatever it is worse? Got no idea what it could be as it doesnt feel lumpy or anything :S

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
my mates fiesta had the light on, plugged a diagnostic kit in to it and it said cylinder 3 was miss firing or something, took the spark plugs (were proper dirty and black) out changed the lot of them and no errors came up after that, but he still drove it around while the light was on.

F56 MINI Cooper S
my mates fiesta had the light on, plugged a diagnostic kit in to it and it said cylinder 3 was miss firing or something, took the spark plugs (were proper dirty and black) out changed the lot of them and no errors came up after that, but he still drove it around while the light was on.
Did he drive it far? Dont want to be breaking down anywhere.

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
Did he drive it far? Dont want to be breaking down anywhere.
i say he drove it for about 5miles? my dads driven one of his old cars around for ages with it on and so has my uncle and nothing went wrong, but could be different for other cars?

Aye just give it a quick blast try that and the clean starts.

If it's flashing then I would say coil pack etc, but if it's solid its just that it's had a dirty start, no need to worry.

Different engine I know but, the emissions light comes on in my 182 whenever it feels like it. It passed an MOT with the light on just recently, and looking at the printout it's pumping out oxygen, spring water, and fluffy kittens.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Aye just give it a quick blast try that and the clean starts.

If it's flashing then I would say coil pack etc, but if it's solid its just that it's had a dirty start, no need to worry.
Going to drive it later about 30mile round trip carefully, see how it goes...

F56 MINI Cooper S
give it a quick blast today, drives perfectly normal (although i was driving like a OAP), so hopefully its only something like a sensor. The light is still on btw.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Heres a pic i just took of the light

Jordisbeast083.jpg