ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine management light

clio sport 182
The engine management light on my 05 clio 182 flashes if the car has been stationary for a while for example in traffic jams. It goes away again if i turn the engine off then back on again. It also goes off once im through the traffic and can accelerate properly again.

Im not sure if this ties in with a problem iv had.

I was travelling long distance on xmas day and after about 2 hours the temperature needle was flicking up and down and i suddenly lost power. The engine was running but i couldnt accerlerate, i pulled over and the engine was revving like mad. I turned the engine off left it for a few minutes, turned it back on, seemed ok, carried on down the road and it happened again, this time the engine wouldnt turn back on and had to call the RAC who had no idea what it was. I left it outside the house for a few days and then went to try it again and it worked fine. took it to a garage who said they didnt know what was wrong, they then sent it to another garage who said they didnt know what was wrong. I picked the car up and left it at that but iam still getting the engine management light coming on when i am stationary or slow moving for a while.

Any ideas??