ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mount...lucky escape?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Driving home this afternoon, very load rattling and knocking suddenly started.

Managed to pull over and gave car a good check. It sounded like i had snapped something on the suspension, but nothing so popped the bonnet and found the noise was coming from the engine mount.

I just guessed it had come loose so slowly drove home, bout 1 mile. Got home and found this;

Photo070.jpg

Photo069.jpg

It was rattling around engine mount area, think i was very luck it didn't make its way to the aux belt and do some serious damage :eek:

Anyway, does anyone know if it okay to drive it, slowly, until i can afford to replace it?

Do i need to replace the whole engine mount?

And whats my best option... k-tec or oe? (if k-tec is it okay to just replace the one mount or do i need to replace them all as they are all uprated?)

If oe does anyone know prices and the best place to buy?

Cheers, Will

Titanium 182
Not that big a deal mate, did it on my ph1. You can get another from GSF or the like for about £50ish. I'd personally get a Ktec one though.

ps. It's not really a good idea to drive it without one, engine shakes and bangs like a b**ch and you will put extra strain on other mounts..

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers for the help, think I will get a k-tec one asap.
Just have to find the £90+ to pay for it now!!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Had to drive it this morning, took it really steady. Seemed okay, no knocking or anything. Bit worried that if i keep driving it that i might shear the bolt!!

it's just a buffer and is on a bracket, but you don't seem able to buy this bracket seperately (it comes with a new mount). should be fine to drive i'd have thought

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
it's just a buffer and is on a bracket, but you don't seem able to buy this bracket seperately (it comes with a new mount). should be fine to drive i'd have thought

Its the bracket that has snapped, can't work out how. The way it sits on the mount and the way the force acts on it doesn't seem to add up to that part snapping!!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I guess the mount is just getting old and things go, especially French things!

Need to get round to ordering a k-tec one. Is it all right to just run one k-tec mount or do i need both? Baring in mind i am very poor at the moment and one is going to be a stretch!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sorry to bump, but can anyone confirm that its cool to just put the one uprated engine mount from k-tec on for now, without buggering anything else up. Obviously all uprated would be good but i have no money at the mo!

172 Cup
Sorry to bump, but can anyone confirm that its cool to just put the one uprated engine mount from k-tec on for now, without buggering anything else up. Obviously all uprated would be good but i have no money at the mo!

I've used just the Ktec Engine Mount with dogbone bushes and its fine.