ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas conversion ? Possible to keep AC ?

Clio 1.6 16V
Hello!

Have a leak in the steering rack, thinking about doing the EPAS conversion due to costs and simplicity.

Is it possible to remove steering pump and keep AC ? Or in order to keep AC have to keep steering pump but remove pipes from it ?

Is this all the parts needed ?

> DCI steering rack
> DCI steering column
> EPAS ECU and controller

Are all EPAS DCI racks the same lock to lock ?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You can keep the standard rack. It’s possible to do without the control box. The epas ecu needs a speed signal and rpm. You can get the speed from the stereo wiring, just the rpm I’m struggling with. Some people keep the pump but I don’t trust it so used the pms pulley to replace it. That retains the standard belt route which includes aircon. Once that’s done just bin all the rest of the crap and away you go

Clio 1.6 16V
You can keep the standard rack. It’s possible to do without the control box. The epas ecu needs a speed signal and rpm. You can get the speed from the stereo wiring, just the rpm I’m struggling with. Some people keep the pump but I don’t trust it so used the pms pulley to replace it. That retains the standard belt route which includes aircon. Once that’s done just bin all the rest of the crap and away you go
Thank you !

Afraid wont work with PMS pulley because mine is K4M

01RS,03 EP3,99 Evo 6
Hello!

Have a leak in the steering rack, thinking about doing the EPAS conversion due to costs and simplicity.

Is it possible to remove steering pump and keep AC ? Or in order to keep AC have to keep steering pump but remove pipes from it ?

Is this all the parts needed ?

> DCI steering rack
> DCI steering column
> EPAS ECU and controller

Are all EPAS DCI racks the same lock to lock ?

I was thiking the same! Instaling EPAS on my ph1!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Does the DCI rack have the same lock to lock turns compared to the RS one? I've heard that it has like 4 turns rather than 2,8- that's not so pretty, would make the car feel dull. Or am I wrong?