ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EPROM ecu chips ?? wots the deal ??

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
hey been lookin on the rarely useful ebay today n noticed an abundance of eprom ecu chips - i assume they involve openin your ecu n removing the existin chip n changin it with the one they supply - is this basically wot a remap would do anyway ??? n does anyone no if these things r any good - wil they bugger up your car?? coz if they are jus a remap for 40 quid they sound like too much of a bargin t be true??

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
As above, plus you never know what you are getting. For eg i have seen a williams chip with a 10k rpm limit!

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
oh really' thats a bit sketchy thanks for the info ill jus have to save up for a propper remap then !! cheers for the heads up

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hey been lookin on the rarely useful ebay today n noticed an abundance of eprom ecu chips - i assume they involve openin your ecu n removing the existin chip n changin it with the one they supply - is this basically wot a remap would do anyway ??? n does anyone no if these things r any good - wil they bugger up your car?? coz if they are jus a remap for 40 quid they sound like too much of a bargin t be true??

Probably depends on the model, but in my car's ECU its a surface mount chip. Which makes it a bit more difficult than popping out the old EPROM and popping in a new one.