ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP and SERV light ramdomly turning up

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Can anyone explain what this means and how can I fix it?

In a ph2 172 I sometimes get ESP+SERV lights, but the ABS works fine. Just the ESP doesnt. And the next day when I turn on the car, they're gone and everything works fine for a couple of hours/days until the lights show up again.

I get this in renault clip

err1.jpg

and this in rstuner

err2.jpg

I have no idea what or where to look for this "jaw sensor" or "speed sensor hapirpin signal thinggy...

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
I think I heard mention of there being a yaw sensor accessible when you lift the gearstick gator but not 100%

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep it'll be the YAW Sensor Signal that is causing the DF079 to be present. The sensor itself is located in the area just under the handbrake and chances are the pins are green as its a damp-ish area. Disconnect the battery, then the sensor and clean up the connectors with a good electrical cleaner and replace then remove the error code. If it persists there is a wiring fault somewhere between the Sensor and the ABS Module and you will need to check out the numerous wires runs for signs of damage.

Mick

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Well, the lights stopped showing up after I reassembled the wheel and sprayed all of the connectors. It hasnt shown up since then... hope it stays that way!