ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP / traction control not working

Clio 182
In the wet and with a heavy right foot, my 182 FF will spin its wheels continuously with ESP supposedly on. The dash light remains off / doesn't flicker and there is no cut in power.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Change the heavy right foot?

That

You'd be going slower by spinning up.

Get the fault codes checked. Could be an abs sensor, misaligned steering angle sensor. Do all the lights come on briefly when you turn the ignition on?

Clio 182
Thanks for the comments. Agreed, it is easy to avoid with measured throttle inputs but I'd like to get everything working as it should.

Could a fuse or similar have been pulled to disable it? It's a well cared for example with no mods or any indication of track use so I'd be surprised if this were the case.

The dashboard light does come on when the ESP button is pressed and all lights illuminate on start-up.

Cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's an addition to the ABS program and an integral part of the ABS module/computer.

The only thing you could do is pull the 10A fuse for the ABS but its not advised as you will also put the module into its default/mechanical mode which is 50/50 brake bias.