ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP

Renault Sport Clio 172
When I used to own my 182 cup if I tried to do a wheelspin my ESP could activate and stop me from doing it. With my 172 I now own if I do a wheelspin no ESP activates. Is this a problem or are the ESP systems different in both cars because I kind of like the idea of ESP it makes me feel safer lol.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Its a crap system anywway mate your not missing much. I turn mine off as soon as i get in the car.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I wish my car didn't have ESP personally. If it was TC then maybe it'd be ok, but you'd still get the power down better controlling the throttle yourself instead of a computer doing it.

ESP however, I think its safe if you always throw a car into a corner and are never going to correct understeer/oversteer yourself. If you're going to correct it, then I think it can be a bit awkward with you and the computer both trying to correct it. Even not correcting it yourself, I wasn't massively impressed, yes it worked but it felt as the front was understeering, the computer made the car oversteer to compensate to make you continue on the right path. I didn't feel safe tbh.

Evo
I can still wheelspin with my esp on, TC tries to reduce it but cant stop it.

Not that i go round trying to do wheelspins so it wouldnt bother me if i couldnt TBH!

is the little warning light on the dash for ESP or TC? i haven't got one of those buttons by your knee so I'm guessing I don't have it but mines an '02 and my mates got a '03 and neither does his