ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

European Plates

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
Alright im after some Metal 3D Beveled Plates to be made for me with my registration number,

Such as
250px-FrenchNumberPlates_CopyrightKaihsuTai.jpg

(The Bottom Image)

Wondering if anyone knows anyone who can make these plates?

Ash

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
is it the different font and the F thats illegal?

or is it the metal plate itself?

or both?

Corsa C 1.8 SRi 16v
only problem is that the plates only have D or GB.... RENAULT IS FRENCH!!!! LOL

think i may have to invest in a set of them.......

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Are you going to FCS? They may have a show plate maker there? Just a thought...and if there are plenty of French Cars...you might be able to get a French plate made up...

Just a thought! :)

can you have french plates but written in british DVLA standard format,
and not get told off by the fuzz???

can you have french plates but written in british DVLA standard format,
and not get told off by the fuzz???

Dont quite know what you mean.

The "F" is legal in this country but on the continent it wont be as you need to display your nationality.

The spacing and font are illigal (and what makes a french plate IMO)

Also metal plates dont reat on ANPR and SPECs (hense illegal :p)

535d / t5 caravelle
where are your plates from dutty? car looks very nice....even that bra effort looks well, even though i hate them( or at least i thought i did )

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
you say metal plates are illegal? which i agree with,but if you order a new mercedes-benz and you decide you want to pick it up from the factory in germany, you get a set of metal plates for the car while ur there. then you drive back to england yet no one seems to get pulled!

megane 225
i got some lol, ill upload a pic, 2 secs
i've not been pulled, to be honest there are people with worse plates (i.e italics, dodgy spacing, ghosting etc)
These plates are recgonised by ANPR cameras and so unless the police officer has a reason to pull you over they usually just dont bother.
http://www.french-number-plates.com/

Attachments

• plates.JPG
    plates.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: