ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo back on the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'm being really pedantic here - and as awesome as the above is, I'd rather go for the JDM Zero Fighter. Iirc, pretty much identical spec to the Extreme but with hideous decals - being a WW2 geek AND having a Mitsubishi nod back to one of their greatest flying creations - I'd have to have one! :cool:

edit - only just noticed adalis's post a few back about the Zero Fighter. Should have read it before posting!
The extreme did have those decals, my old man junked them. :up:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The extreme did have those decals, my old man junked them. :up:

Lol - they were a definite Marmite addition. It's a strange one for me. I'd never pick those decals as an 'option' - but if I bought a 6 with them on (a genuine one, that is) - I'd be happy to leave them on there.

I miss the lines on my 6. It had such a purposeful and slightly aggressive stance. It had SO much road presence and it felt like an event just taking it out to the shops. I ironically received an email this morning, offering me "to feel the excitement" on the new Nissan LEAF. That's like giving a opened can of flat Tango to a chronic piss-head, who drinks his meths by the bucket - while the drink itself is on fire. How any conceivable human being with an ounce of soul, feeling, emotion and heart-felt passion for driving could get ANY excitement from a LEAF, is utterly beyond me.

I do actually feel a little bit sorry for the Nissan marketeers. Tasked with the impossible job of promoting these four-wheeled heaps of shite to people like me - I don't know where the poor sods even begin.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - they were a definite Marmite addition. It's a strange one for me. I'd never pick those decals as an 'option' - but if I bought a 6 with them on (a genuine one, that is) - I'd be happy to leave them on there.

I miss the lines on my 6. It had such a purposeful and slightly aggressive stance. It had SO much road presence and it felt like an event just taking it out to the shops.

I would LOVE to put a VI on the drive, but finding one that's not rotten is such a task these days. That and the fact it would sit on my drive unloved Mon-Fri. I couldn't do it.

Then, there's the interior. 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I would LOVE to put a VI on the drive, but finding one that's not rotten is such a task these days. That and the fact it would sit on my drive unloved Mon-Fri. I couldn't do it.

Then, there's the interior. 😂

Now then. You've been on here as long as I have and you might have seen my general consensus of not giving a flying monkey bollock about the interior of car. Sure, a nice interior is exactly that - something nice. But as plasticy and mundane as the Evo's cockpit is - it would never in a month of Sundays put me off buying another one.

Interiors are massively over-rated anyway. I'd rather be looking out of the windows and driving the car, than sat still inside it, thinking the seat stitching looks smart.... :smile:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Now then. You've been on here as long as I have and you might have seen my general consensus of not giving a flying monkey bollock about the interior of car. Sure, a nice interior is exactly that - something nice. But as plasticy and mundane as the Evo's cockpit is - it would never in a month of Sundays put me off buying another one.

Interiors are massively over-rated anyway. I'd rather be looking out of the windows and driving the car, than sat still inside it, thinking the seat stitching looks smart.... :smile:

Haha, don't get me wrong. I subscribe to the same ideas as you. I drive a 2000's Honda ffs.

But, man's got limits. 😂

We digress, much EVO love right here. Always. :beers:

Status
Not open for further replies.