ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel problem

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Another excel problem! I’m trying to setup a macro in Excel that will import data into a worksheet where the date is greater than a date field that is defined in the worksheet.

This is what I’ve got to work with:

Sub update()

Dim StartDate As Date

StartDate = Range("C3").Value

Sheets("Sheet2").Select

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="ODBC;;;;", _
Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1"))
.CommandText = Array( _
"SELECT SMPRODTXNS.PRODUCTCODE, SMPRODTXNS.TXNNUMBER, SMPRODTXNS.LocationCode, SMPRODTXNS.BatchSerialNr, SMPRODTXNS.TypeOfPost, SMPRODTXNS.Account, SMPRODTXNS.TxnDate, SMPRODTXNS.Reference1, SMPRODTXNS" _
, _
".Reference2, SMPRODTXNS.EachUnitFlag, SMPRODTXNS.SalesValue, SMPRODTXNS.CostValue, SMPRODTXNS.PeriodNr, SMPRODTXNS.QtyEach, SMPRODTXNS.QtyUnit, SMPRODTXNS.Year" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "FROM SMPRODTXNS SMPRODTXNS" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "")
.Name = "Query"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.PreserveColumnInfo = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
End Sub

The date field is TxnDate. What do I need to do so that it will only get results after the date in cell C3?

Ta

Ric