ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessive gear lever movement

Hi guys,

Whilst my 172 is at the dealership ( been there for over a month ), Ive gone and bought me a brand new Clio 1.4 16v. The problem I have is that the gear lever tends to move quite a bit on acceleration or deceleration.

Is this normal? If it isnt, then I need to take it in for a check up.

H22A7 Accord Type R

juddering about? my 1.2s both done it, pretty normal mate. sh*te, but you get used to it! My question is....................does this movement less with a B&M short shift????????? Fred? Has?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

it is a bit less with a B&M

but no way any better really, i now have stiff hands from gearchanges hnahaha!

driving my mums car and any other car is a dream now LOL

i still get excessive movement, its just the crappy design. If u get under the car move the linkage around u will see how much play there is in it.

Never tried or looked to tighten this up?

anyone?

ST

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 14 June 2005

juddering about? my 1.2s both done it, pretty normal mate. sh*te, but you get used to it! My question is....................does this movement less with a B&M short shift????????? Fred? Has?
B&Ms are good sir but ive heard they wreck the syncro on the box....if im wrong someone feel free to correct me.

B and Ms infact any short shifter place more load on the box and its not amazing as standard. Personally I wouldnt bother getting a short shifter Ive got one and it makes a nice noise going into 5th but thats it. It takes me just as long to change gear as Im gentle since new boxes are £450 or so and when its cold outside its cold to the touch which isnt that nice.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

You can buy from Renault Sport the group N gear linkage kit it is about 50 Quid (I think) and it will stiffen it substantially