ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exchange help please!

Fiesta ST
After looking on the internet I can't find my solution so thought i'd ask the professionals!

Problem: ok running SBS2003 R2 I got a problem with OWA. Basicly everything was working fine on the server including OWA via using the remote web workspace. Problem is I've messed with something in the IIS (Default Web Site, Directory Security, Auth & Access control) and now I can log in and use remote web workspace but can not log into the OWA side of things.

"You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again."

The thing i messed with I put back but it didn't fix the problem. Looking at all the authentication methods for each child in the default website it all looks how it should be. I've not messed with any permissions just the Directory Security. I've tried changing the different authenticated access methods for the default website and the child exchange webpage but no luck.

Current setting for exchange webpage in IIS is: enable anonymous access is on (with the correct user) and so is intergrated windows authentication is on.

any ideas?

Fiesta ST
yeah get to the login page myserver.com/exchange and no permissions changed not touched any of my OU's. Strange thing is i can log into the Remote Web Workspace just not the exchange part.

Rav4
so you are having issues from the Web interface passing the information, queries exchange.

This problem is due to the default website, it has something which runs in the background for exchange webservices to work properly.

It is definately there.

The default website must be working 100% and not stopped, Exchweb is the service i believe.

Last edited:
  Rav4
Well done.

:)

Do not worry, i break things all the time at work, thats when i go quiet in the corner :)

Well done buddy !!

Revels Mum & Sister
I managed to break IIS and Remote on SBS 2003 the other day

Simple my changing to a Gigabit Lan card LOL

Took me ages to sort out and also for someone reason DHCP stopped handing out as well, and thought there the server wasnt located at .100 anymore

Having angry phone calls from a Construction company wasnt my idea of fun. As I didnt find this out until later in the day when I returned to the office as everyone was on a DHCP lease