ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exchange Server Issue

Fiesta ST
Got a problem with a customers exchange server 2003 - it seems if any customers are using btinternet/btconnect account then the email to this server gets a NDR.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test7
Sent: 22/06/2010 16:15

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

administrator@mycustomersserver.co.uk on 22/06/2010 16:15
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
< c2bthomr10.btconnect.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for administrator@mycustomersserver.co.uk>

Any thoughts?

Fiesta ST
yeah if it was one person then I would tell them - however a lot of their customers use BT and BT as a smarthost.

I created a BT account and got the same error, but if I send it to another exchange 2003 server it came through, I have the servers setup identically.

Fiesta ST
A customers NDR:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

****@mycustomersdomain.co.uk
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: smtpin.btconnect.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: c2bthomr07.btconnect.com

*****@mycustomersdomain.co.uk
smtpin.btconnect.com #<smtpin.btconnect.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for *****@mycustomersdomain.co.uk> #SMTP#

Original message headers:

Received: from remote.sendersservers.co.uk ([81.***.***.113]) by
c2bthomr07.btconnect.com with ESMTP id FTN99359; Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:26:39
+0100 (BST)
X-Mirapoint-IP-Reputation: reputation=Fair-1,
source=Queried,
refid=0001.0A0B0302.4C209DEF.0294,
actions=tag
Received: from SERVER.sendersservers.local ([fe80::2fd4:45bc:775b:44d3]) by
SERVER.sendersservers.local ([fe80::2fd4:45bc:775b:44d3%11]) with mapi; Tue, 22 Jun
2010 12:26:37 +0100
To: R**** S**** <*****@mycustomersdomain.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:26:34 +0100
Subject: RE: Agency Application
Thread-Topic: RE: Agency Application
Thread-Index: AcsR/cV+pawKQ08pRbeWFsF23rKtyg==
Message-ID: <A069CC3039082F4297D2C81B2E13A44A489AAEB299@SERVER.sendersservers.local>
Accept-Language: en-US, en-GB
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
X-Junkmail-Status: score=10/50, host=c2bthomr07.btconnect.com
X-Junkmail-SD-Raw: score=unknown,
refid=str=0001.0A0B0204.4C209E78.0121,ss=1,vtr=str,vl=0,fgs=0,
ip=0.0.0.0,
so=2009-07-20 21:54:04,
dmn=5.7.1/2009-08-27,
mode=single engine
X-Junkmail-IWF: false
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain

182FF with cup packs
I created a BT account and got the same error, but if I send it to another exchange 2003 server it came through, I have the servers setup identically.

I assume the other exchange server you're sending it to is a different domain? (i.e. not "mycustomersdomain.co.uk" but "anothercustomersdomain.co.uk")

It is the domain that is being rejected by the BT SMTP server, so it's unlikely to be anything to do with your exchange config. So it's either a BT issue, or a DNS issue.

Here's a though, how new is the domain name and when did you get the MX records setup?

Fiesta ST
Yeah it's a different domain that worked - MX record was setup ages ago (2years+) and outbound email goes through a plusnet smarthost and not out via DNS. They don't seem to be spam listed. Domain is with plusnet.

182FF with cup packs
I would try and get hold of someone at BT.

If sending from other ISP's works fine, it's BTs fault, only they can fix it.

Good luck in actually being able to speak to someone about it though. :evil:

182FF with cup packs
  Fiesta ST
Cheers PinkoCommie, it's what I suspected then - BT.

I bet a million pounds the customers who are emailing my client don't have a problem sending email to anybody else!!

182FF with cup packs
Was your clients e-mail domain ever hosted at BT? If it was I bet they've forgotten to remove something.

Rav4
SPF record can assist with this,

Do you have one setup?

Just helps authenticate where your emails are coming from, this is created by your ISP.

BT and some others are even more anal now, understandably due to the amount of SPAM at the moment and hacked servers sending shite.

Fiesta ST
SPF record can assist with this,

Do you have one setup?

Just helps authenticate where your emails are coming from, this is created by your ISP.

BT and some others are even more anal now, understandably due to the amount of SPAM at the moment and hacked servers sending s**te.

That would just help with sending email out though?

Fiesta ST
Response from BT:

Dear Mr Longy

Thank you for your enquiry on the 23rd of June 2010

Your case reference number is: 1***************

Concerning your enquiry,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this, I believe I can see why this is happening.

This domain name is actually registered on an old account with ourselves which has not had broadband on it for several years.

As the MX records point towards your own mail server, and the whois confirms it has been transferred out I have removed the domain from this old account.

If you can re-test this in a few hours to see what happens.

Hopefully this will resolve this issue for you, if it does, I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Greg Stewart
BT Business Support

182FF with cup packs
Christ, a BT tech that knows what they're talking about

If my dealing with BT are anything to go by (they outsource firewall ssupport to us), that e-mail was produced by a thrid party company and they just copied/pasted it and sent it on :)

We have a team of contacts at BT whose sole job is to take our e-mails and forward them to the end user, then take the replies and forward them back. Exactly the same could be done with some outlook rules. In fact outlook rules would probably be better.

Rav4
Sorry for the late reply, didn't see it.

It's for receiving it.

It ensured the domain is effectively authenticated with your outgoing email address location, your IP basically.

Anyhow, I see BT have hopefully resolved it.

Excellent news :)

That would just help with sending email out though?