ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust alignment issue.

M235i / 172
I'm after a little bit of advice.
I have a 172 with a 182 manifold fitted. Ever since I got the car the exhaust has rattled and knocked like mad.
The car has a Ktec 182 look cat back and also a 182 cat with the rear doughnut cut off and the exhaust sleeved on.

Apart from the drivers side tip constantly rattling against the wheel well :( ... The rest of the exhaust just doesn't sit right. It seems that the hangers don't line up and the whole system is sitting close to the driver side of the tunnel..
Can anyone shed any light on this? Do the 172 and 182 systems sit different in the tunnel? Because I'd have thought with it having the 182 cat as well as the manifold then alignment would be correct no matter what cat back it mates up to.

I've checked the engine and gearbox mounts and they're all ok as I first suspected one was dropped, causing the problem.
Help!