ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport options

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought a 172 with a yozzasport exhaust and decat.

It's way too loud for the neighbours and when the kids sit in the back.

Not likely to find a original exhaust with a cat, so what are my options to make the exhaust quiter.

My preference would be to keep the back box as I like the tip and the bumper has been cut. Would a sports cat help reduce the sound (and make it pass an Mot). Are there any other options?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Standard CAT will definitely reduce the noise levels.

I found that when I switched over to a Magnaflow 200 cell sports cat welded into a decat pipe, that it made very little difference. Not sure if the cheaper aftermarket replacements are any better at reducing the noise.

You could also add a silencer to the Yozza centre sections, or a new centre section made up with a silencer in it, so that you can revert back to the original in the future if wanted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've just bought a 172 with a yozzasport exhaust and decat.

It's way too loud for the neighbours and when the kids sit in the back.

Not likely to find a original exhaust with a cat, so what are my options to make the exhaust quiter.

My preference would be to keep the back box as I like the tip and the bumper has been cut. Would a sports cat help reduce the sound (and make it pass an Mot). Are there any other options?
You'll need a cat to pass the emissions test come MOT time. Unless you have a friendly MOT tester. That'll help quieten it down a little bit.
Yozzasport exhausts are known to be one of the louder exhausts.
Also like @Darryl_1983 said. If you get a centre silencer fitted. That will help a lot.
Or you could sell the Yozza exhaust and buy a different, less noisy exhaust.
I had a 172 donkeys years ago and I had one made at Power flow exhausts. They tried various back boxes until I heard one that I liked the sound of.

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, assuming that a standard cat will cost a fortune, what are my options for a replacement cat. Is there anything that a can bolt on to what's currently in place I. E that I can do on my drive rather than welding.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks, assuming that a standard cat will cost a fortune, what are my options for a replacement cat. Is there anything that a can bolt on to what's currently in place I. E that I can do on my drive rather than welding.
I don't have a 172 anymore so I'm not clued up what others are using other than ebay specials which some people fit just for their MOT to get through the emissions test then take off for the rest of the year.
I think that's the avenue I'd be looking to go down if it was me.
Then you've still got the problem of the noisy exhaust and needing a centre silencer.
Like i said before. See if there is a powerflow exhaust place local or another independent exhaust place that might be able to help with both problems.
If they're a half decent place they'll be able to discuss your options.