ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Blowing

Evo 8 MR
Just noticed this morning whilst I was checking for oil under the car I noticed fumes coming from the exhaust right on the bend before the cat.

I put it off as I thought some oil might have got on it but I've just checked now with the engine and exhaust being warm by sticking my hand on it and blipping the throttle I can feel fumes coming out.

I'm not fussed about it as I'll be getting an aftermarket exhaust at the end of the month but would this cause a drop in mpg?

Also would it be a simple fix due to it being only a small amount of blowing like some exhaust sealant or something?

I don't really want to spend money on a system that's not going to be on much longer that's all.

Evo 8 MR
no no no, the joint immediately before the cat.

DSC_0006.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Yeah, not loads but enough to annoy me. It will cause a decrease in mpg aswell won't it?

Various
You need to take it to be welded.

We can do it but its if you wanted to Travel to us.

Yeah it will if it gets big enough.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
Meh, think I'll get a decat, f**kin thing is returning 23mpg now, that's worse than 172's on ITB's ffs. :(