ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust note

193 mk2
the size of the bore equates to the loudness of the exhaust, i.e. bigger bore louder zaust.

A Fast One!
wide said:
the size of the bore equates to the loudness of the exhaust, i.e. bigger bore louder zaust.

not necessarily as the exhaust on my last car was 2.55" in bore and was almost as quiet as the OEM system. its how the baffles are built in the silencers that determines the sound that it produces but generally performance exhausts have less baffles; so adding to that fact yes a wider diameter pipe will produce more noise

Alex

Clio 172
So in order to change the note of your car it needs a whole new back box (muffler)? It's not a case of just replacing the tail pipe or having the pipes in your existing backbox altered?

A Fast One!
clio-lane said:
So in order to change the note of your car it needs a whole new back box (muffler)? It's not a case of just replacing the tail pipe or having the pipes in your existing backbox altered?

Yup! i dont think you could get anyone to take apart an OE back box and re-baffle it to be honest

Alex