ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust smoke

i was wondering if anyone else has this problem. i have a 2004 clio 182 and when i put my foot down and get to about 5000rpm there is quite a bit of smoke from my exhaust. is this common to all 182`s or is it just burning oil or something else??? anyone's help would be much appriciated.

LOL

There was a 3 page thread on another forum - think we all agreed it was normal across the 182 range.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
shouldn't be smoke, but lots and lots of steam seems to be quite normal.

yeah it is more like steam, it wets all the back window! just corerned me cos i put my foot down when a mate of mine was trying to keep up and he said he couldn't see for the ammount of smoke/steam coming out of my exhausts! thanks for the responses, its put my mine at rest a bit. did you's find that it doesn't happen all the time?

The 182's were all pissing out streams of water when on the Janspeed rolling road the other week.

Quite a lot of water came out too surprisingly :S

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
i think the problem is renault being cheap and just using 2 172 exhaust b-boxes and sticking straight tail pipes on, and as the tail pipe sit about 5-6 inch's above the bottom of the box when it rains or you wash your car the water gets inside