ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expansion tank

Honda & VW
Please excuse my ignorance but could someone please tell me where the expansion tank is located in a 182?
The car went in for a service the other day and a note was made on the level in the tank.

All info details would be greatly appreciated.

Image026.jpg

pretty sure its the round one at the back with the fluid level jusst below the rubber hose going into it. directly behind the induction elbow, and it does look a bit high compared to where mine sits.

Honda & VW
sorry should have mentioned this is a photo i got off google as my girlfriend has the car today.

Renault reckon it was nearly empty so suggested perhaps there was a leak, i just want to check i was keeping my eye on the right tank.

audi a6 3.0tdi
as above its the coolant tank. the bigger of the two at the back. check the level is not above maximum. Its best to look for leaks when the engine is warmed up and the coolant is under pressure. i had a leak on my 172 and it was just a minute hole in one of the coolant pipes