ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expiry of NCB?

Not a Clio
To cut a long story short I won't be paying an insurance premium for the next few years at least, although I will still be insured. As far as I know NCB expires after 12 months if not used?

Do insurance companies offer any way to prevent this from happening?

Elise S1 B&C 140
if its insured in your name surely it doesnt matter who pays it??

And if its a company car i think most take that into consideration too

Not a Clio
It's on a motability scheme and they've already told me they have nothing to do with NCB i.e. I won't get any even though insured and they don't recognise any previous NCB.

Not a Clio
Well the scheme is renewed every 3 years so they'd still have expired if that's the case. The company that insure for Motability - Royal Sun & Alliance couldn't give me a definite answer.

Think I'll write to Direct Line, my current insurers (I want the reply in writing) and see what they say.

It's definitely 2 years - I used to sell car insurance.

Not got a wife/partner who could alternately insure their car in your name and their name?

That would keep your NCB live as it would be used every 12 months, as would theirs.

Alternatively, buy a car for £50 from Autotrader and insure that even though you won't use it - only problem is you'd need somewhere to keep it!