ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exterior Door Handles HELP

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Just got some bits and pieces colour coded and I dont know how to fit the exterior door handles:(

I know there was a guide that fubar made for removing the door cards but i cant find it. Anyone point me in the dirrection of it or give me some tips on how to do this:)

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Steven.

PH1 172 Sport
I think fubars website with the guides is no more. He was going to get them put in the guides section on here but I dont think hes got round to it yet. Maybe send him a PM?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I think fubars website with the guides is no more. He was going to get them put in the guides section on here but I dont think hes got round to it yet. Maybe send him a PM?

Ahh I was wondering why I couldnt find it. Thanks a lot mate.

Ian

Focus TDCi
There's:

- 4 speaker screws
- 4 screws along the bottom of the card
- 1 screw in the door pull
- 1 screw in the door handle

They're all torx screws.

Then unclip the cable from the back of the door handle and take that off and the electric clips from the speaker (which you can take out) and the electric window switches.

Once all the screws are out it's stuck on with putty which feels like it will never come off but get a screwdriver behind the card and slide it along as you're pulling the card from the bottom.

The door card then lifts up and off the piece of black plastic along the bottom of the window.

Oh and you'll have to take off the trim on the B(?) Pillar which is held on with 3 pop clips and also by the mirrror, which, if it's like mine, is held on by 3 plastic pins. Get a screwdriver behind both pieces and they should come off. The mirror one is really awkward though!

Last edited:

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
The biggest problem is cable plasment so the handle isnt 2 slack and isnt 2 tite.
Remeber to try it out befor puttin the door cards bk on, or ull get pi**d coz u got to take them off again.