ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External Hard-drives... Talk to me

I put this in Technology Chat, rather than a section, so that both PC and Apple users can see the thread.

I think I am going to have to get a external hard-drive now I have my DSLR camera, as I am taking alot of photos and my MBP's storage space is quickly dropping.

Ive read that having one that is Firewire 800 compatible would be best for my MBP, as this is the quickest way to transfer?!

Also, after doing an initial transfer of all my stuff, from both my MBP and my old laptop (full of my old itunes library - 6000+ songs), I wouldn't mind being able to use it over the wireless (although this is not necessary), so that I can leave it with the router, and keep backing up & transferring my stuff as I go along, and not have to mess about with wires and stuff.

What are you guys using? I would preferably like to keep it below the £100 mark, as im not a CS high roller, but all suggestions are welcome.
Any help would be great.

Bus w**ker
There was a thread (one of hundreds) started by that douché Danny133 on this last week...

Yea I noticed in Apple Chat, but it turned into a flaming thread, rather than getting real answers.

Ive looked at a couple threads that I found, but non really seemed to fully answer my questions, so it was best to make my own.

Bus w**ker
Firewire is your best option for fast transfer speeds (over USB 1.0/2.0). I've got a 1Tb external hooked up to my PC to store all my photos, documents, videos, music etc. It's only USB 2.0 but it doesn't slow me down and I stream HD videos off it to my PS3/360 with no stutters or issues. Was only about £50 too.

Buffalo or something like that lol, I didn't really pay that much attention when I bought it.