ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F**ked off more than ever

clio sport 172
I was driving home down a hill then as i came up the hill my accelertor decided to SNAP :mad: im so annoyed and gutted.

any ideas any1 :(

clio sport 172
i was looking and its a snap about 3 inches above the pedal were it clips to. i live in leighton buzzard near milton keynes
they expensive?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Welcome to Renault Ownership my love! :)

(as it happens, my very first phase-1 172's throttle cable snapped the day after i got it!)

Mk2 1.2 Campus
You need to pull back the sound deadening on the back of the engine and take the drivers wheel off, easiest way to do it. Think the cable is only about £15-£20 from the dealers. They wear just above the pedal when it pulls through when you accelerate

visualize whirled pe
Try owning a renault 5. Clutch and throttle cables snap for fun on them. usually when it is raining or you are late.

PH1 172 Sport
Did you not notice it was stiff?? They tend to fray where they go through the firewall and the accelerator becomes stiff and hard to control accurately especially at low speed.