ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with dashboard warning lights on my clio 1.2 2005 petrol?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys.

About 4 months ago I turned my car on and what I can describe as the glow plug light turned on and then followed by the engine management light on..
After driving a bit and turning off the car. The glowplug light went out and I got a diagnostic on the fault. Happened to be a throttle valve issue.
It never popped up again till last night..

It's weird because I knocked the Interior light before starting engine accidently. Then turned the car on and the warning light in middle came on aswell as the engine light.
Drove for a bit.. then stopped.. turned off car and fiddled with the interior light. Turned car on again and the middle light went out but engine light stayed on.

Is this a coincidence as the exact same lights came on. The car did go into limp mode, till the glow plug (electronic) light went off and after restart.

Runs fine now but engine light is still on?
I'm so confused. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-110950_Gallery.png
    Screenshot_20221022-110950_Gallery.png
    986 KB · Views: 86

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Engine light will stay on until the code it's thrown has been cleared I believe. Should be able to clear it with a generic OBD reader assuming it's in memory and not a current 'active' fault.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Engine light will stay on until the code it's thrown has been cleared I believe. Should be able to clear it with a generic OBD reader assuming it's in memory and not a current 'active' fault.
You seem anything like this before. Last time it happened it popped up as a throttle valve and the middle light then went away after a while.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
You seem anything like this before. Last time it happened it popped up as a throttle valve and the middle light then went away after a while.
You'll only be guessing without a code. On a sport that electrical fault light and limp mode is often throttle related, could be similar if 1.2s are also e-throttle?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
You'll only be guessing without a code. On a sport that electrical fault light and limp mode is often throttle related, could be similar if 1.2s are also e-throttle?
So you don't think doing certain things like switching the Interior light on before engine start could of triggered the warning lights?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
So you don't think doing certain things like switching the Interior light on before engine start could of triggered the warning lights?
Seems unlikely, a cheap OBD reader will at least give you half an idea with a generic code and let you try clearing the fault from the ECU, even if it can't give you the proper Renault specific codes. Maybe could've thrown a fault from low battery voltage or something, but again it's impossible to know without at least a code to go off.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Interior light has nothing to do with the engine warning light. Its purely co8ncidence, scan it with can clip to see what faults are stored