ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F**king Fuming

182cup/D40/Hornet

Got my Dad to take my 182 cup to Revolutions at Newcastle today to get a B&M quickshift fitted:)Before the lad took the car in my Dad said for f**ks sake be careful with itand covered the drivers seat with a cover.After 1-2 hours the mechanic came out and said theyve sent the wrong one out (after cutting the old knob off)something to do with the nylon bush being bigger,anyway my Dad gave me a bell at work to tell me:( so I rang them and was told they would get onto the supplier and get another one but it would probably be next week now,so I was not a happy bunny.:mad:Went to pick my car up from my parents house noticed a oil/grease stain on the front passenger seat right through the grey fleck!:mad::mad:So as you can imagine Im nearly foaming at the mouth,rang them up and spoke to the mechanic(who was supposed to ring me back!!)and told him in a polite manner that there was a mark on the seat,I didnt have anything on the seat anyway your Dad checked the car when he left and he said it was ok:mad::mad::mad:Anyway after a few words he saidbring it down and well clean the seat for you(car has only got 2900 miles on it and its about 20 miles from where I live!)Then I got on about the quickshift 2 secs :mad: :mad::mad::mad:they only do the one for the older clio and dont do one for yours,so where do we go from here then?I saidpop down and well sort you out a refund :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:what about my gearknob that you cut off youll have to see the boss about thatSo Im going down tomorrow to see The Bossbut Im f**king p*ssed off and very angry,Im shaking like a sh*tting dog! and wish I hadnt bothered but Ill keep us posted.

why did they cut your knob off ??, they didnt need to to that to fit the quickshift ??

sorry to hear you have had hassle

Black 182 + Recaros

They always check the parts half way through dont they. Bad luck mate.

Same thing happened to me. They ripped the suspension apart and then said they had the wrong parts. A bit late dont you think.

182cup/D40/Hornet

Could have been worse I suppose they could have had the engine in bits!!The seat just pushed me over the edge,I know it would have been accidental but f**k me shouldnt these people be more careful?and know what they are ordering?

Thats really unlucky mate! Its the first bad thing ive heard about revolution, there normally very good. Where bouts you based mate?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Cant understand their statement about the B&M only being available for older Clios - lots of people have had them fitted to 172s.

Lionel Richie

firstly they HAVENT GOT A CLUE!!!!!!

you dont need to touch the old stick, just remove it from under the car (comes out in 1 piece inc the knob, no cutting required!!)

secondly the B&M quickshift is identical for any clio from 1990 (even the R5s use the same unit!!!!)

if the cars on ramps its a 20min job, SERIOUSLY!!!!

182cup/D40/Hornet

Stanley,As I said Ive got to go there tomorrow and they might resolve the situation and possibly cheer me up so I cant say as of yet that they are bad,I mean I understood it wasnt their fault the supplier sent the wrong part but it is more their fault than it is mine,as for the other stuff ...well I suppose its one of them thingsbut still doesnt change the fact that Ive wasted fuel,time,got a stain on my seat and the aggravation,no?

182cup/D40/Hornet

I thought it would have been a 30 min job max. on a ramp but when he took it in he said it would be 1 hour,I could have fitted myself but they said they would fit it for £20 so I thought it would save me getting my hands dirty.That is the one they ordered for the r5,clio etc.:confused:

Volvo S60 T5

About 65 quid including vat.

That sucks mate, all quickshifts for clio 2 fit, dumb sods!

Cut ya knob off, you should go back and cut his head off!

[Edited by Mike172sport on 27 May 2005 at 7:11pm]

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

How much was the quickshift if you dont mind me asking?
Its a familiar story to when i was shopping for an exhaust system when a certain motorshop in Harlow firstly told me they wouldnt be able to make one for me then another member goin down there with the EXACT same car&them saying it would be no problem.:mad:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Revolution Gateshead are muppets.

I had my Clio lowered and alloys fitted. It was supposedly gonna cost £450 all in.

I paid £50 deposit and checked with the guy right so Ill have £400 to pay when the work is done?, Yep.

After it was done he was like, right with fitting thats £480 (odd) to pay

Im like, get lost! In the end I paid half the extra amount. I should have told them to put the car back the way it was.

182cup/D40/Hornet

It was £179.99 for the B&M and £30 to fit it ,but I said so £200 fitted if ordered today and they said ok.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

The thing ive learnt now is that you never go to a company for work on your car if your unsure of their work or if you know someone who can do it cheaper.
I got my springs fitted for nothing(as a favour of course)but the person in question would normally charge £25 ;)

182cup/D40/Hornet

I didnt even get to the stage of paying but I have paid a £50 deposit(which I WILL BE GETTING BACK),I wouldnt have paid a penny more than they said.

Lionel Richie

well if its the R5/clio/megane B&M, then itll go straight in

you need to undo 4 x 10mm bolts on the heat sheild

1 x 13mm nut and bolt on the bottom of the shifter

then remove large circlip

pull out old shifter

assemble and wack in new one

reverse process

easy peasy

182cup/D40/Hornet

The mechanic showed my dad the problem,the nylon bush was to big and he couldnt get the circlip back on something like that?

Volvo S60 T5

sounds like the dopy git didnt put any lub on the seals so it slides in all the way, hence why he couldnt get the clip back on!

I fitted on to mine the other day, easy job.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by bartebk on 27 May 2005

The mechanic showed my dad the problem,the nylon bush was to big and he couldnt get the circlip back on something like that?
it needs a bit of persuading, and i sometimes have to use a flat blade screw driver and hammer to tap the circlip back into its slot

IIRC the large nylon part has a rubber O ring which could make it a tight fit, i maybe wrong though

182cup/D40/Hornet

Thx for all the advice got 2 go (stopped sshhhaaakkiinnngg as much)Ill tell us wot the outcome is tomorrow providing I dont get locked up!!!cya

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by simon3wms on 27 May 2005

i have a 2004 b+m catalogue and it does specify clio 172, so their talking

sh!t

Good luck

S

all the same product

product code = B/M45103