ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

RS Clio 182
Just got a great 7th at Monza...Hulkenberg got 5th hehe. Di resta was doing well in 6th but he spun out!

I like how the results change every race - Alonso the championship leader really struggled in this,he only managed 6th!

Golf R/Leon FR
I love driving at Monza, usually do well there. Will be attempting Monaco later. Hate that track on the game.

Goliath I
I love driving at Monza, usually do well there. Will be attempting Monaco later. Hate that track on the game.

Monaco isn't so bad this year. The bend by the swimming pool in the last game was terrible, back end always used to go, regardless of setup.

Im in my third Season with three races to go with Ferrari, just 10 points off the leader Vettel.

Tyre wear is starting to annoy me. I wouldn't mind if it affected everyone, but it doesn't. A lap or two before I'm due to pit my times and grip drop drastically where as everyone else are barely dropping pace.

I find that if I jump straight into a race without Qualy then I'm fine and competitive throughout, but if I do a lap on Qualy then that one lap makes a huge difference compared to the rest of the field.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm surprised they haven't patched the tyre wear issue. Spoils an otherwise brilliant game.

I was 4th in the championship and just got offered a red bull drive. W00t. First race was a disappointing 16th at the hungaroring because I had to make an extra stop!

RS Clio 182
I tend to start on primes and run on lean engine mode for the race.

That helps the tyres. It's better than doing several laps with 'red' tyres and losing a shed load of time.

How can you be competitive on lean mode though? i drop down to it on occasions when it says '-1 laps fuel' ....the AI cars blast past me on straights!

Regarding the tyre wear - i change the tyre strategy before the race,change one of the option tyres to prime - so im on slower tyres than the AI on one stint,but i get a few extra laps out of it. It works for most tracks - Spa was just right on the 'edge' tyre wear-wise...but there is exceptions like Hungary,where you cant do anything about it.

Golf R/Leon FR
Monaco isn't so bad this year. The bend by the swimming pool in the last game was terrible, back end always used to go, regardless of setup.

Im in my third Season with three races to go with Ferrari, just 10 points off the leader Vettel.

Tyre wear is starting to annoy me. I wouldn't mind if it affected everyone, but it doesn't. A lap or two before I'm due to pit my times and grip drop drastically where as everyone else are barely dropping pace.

I find that if I jump straight into a race without Qualy then I'm fine and competitive throughout, but if I do a lap on Qualy then that one lap makes a huge difference compared to the rest of the field.

Yeah Monaco is better this year but just cant get a good setup around there and the AI is much quicker. Tyre wear really spoils the game for me, there should be an option to adjust wear rate. The AI seem to have no wear issues at all. Might try the no quali thing and see how I go.

I tend to start on primes and run on lean engine mode for the race.

That helps the tyres. It's better than doing several laps with 'red' tyres and losing a shed load of time.

I find if I run in lean mode the AI breezes past you like they're in quali trim.

How can you be competitive on lean mode though? i drop down to it on occasions when it says '-1 laps fuel' ....the AI cars blast past me on straights!

Regarding the tyre wear - i change the tyre strategy before the race,change one of the option tyres to prime - so im on slower tyres than the AI on one stint,but i get a few extra laps out of it. It works for most tracks - Spa was just right on the 'edge' tyre wear-wise...but there is exceptions like Hungary,where you cant do anything about it.

I tend to do this for Hungary but it wouldn't be so bad if the AI had wear issues but they dont and can run at a high pace all race.

I have done some experimenting and it's quicker to run on lean, for atleast the first half of the race and not have the tyre drop-off, than it is to run on a higher engine mode and lose 5,6,7 seconds per lap at the end of a stint.

They do get past on the striaght, but saving all the KERS up for the straights stops you getting raped. I then just re-take round the corners/braking zones.

It's a fundamental flaw of the game IMO. Tyre deg is way off..

Golf R/Leon FR
Raced at Monaco, qualified 10th. Got a good start then got rear ended by Sutil and crashed into the Armco. Had to opit and ended up finishing 13th!
Canada was much better, qualified in 5th in the wet and won the race :) I love that track!

Golf R/Leon FR
I've run into a pretty bad glitch in the game. For some unknown reason I cannot change my fuel mix in career mode. I've tried all sorts to try and get it working but it won't work. Any ideas??

Impreza RB5 #054
Just on the one race? Or track after track? I had the same problem while playing online, it was allowing me to put it into rich mode, but I would check a few seconds later and still be in normal.

Sorted itself out after the race.

Golf R/Leon FR
I found a fix for it on a forum. I had to change the difficulty setting from expert to amateur, save it then put it back on the expert from the main menu. Hopefully it wont happen again.

Finished the British GP last night and finished 5th from starting 10th in the wet. Good race and I have beaten Hulkenberg two races in a row :)

RS Clio 182
I was just really unlucky with the safety car in Singapore. Was running in 9th,the rain started lightly but was getting heavier - i was due my 2nd stop,but gambled on going on Inters a lap earlier. I went onto them,and it wouldve worked as the rain was getting worse - but on my out lap Rosberg had crashed,was in the middle of the track and the safety car was called out! I had to overtake the SC to join it on the next lap,but i never reached it as i had to pit for full wets! I spent the rest of the race in 11th and never saw a car for around 8 laps! It favoured my TM Hulkenberg as he got a podium in 3rd! He was in 11th before the incident.... Also Verne,who started 17th,got a point in 10th!

RS Clio 182
Just got a great 5th at Korea starting in 14th. Grosjean also came from Q18th to finish a second behind me! But thats 1-1 with him now as my rival. My TM Hulkenberg had quite a poor race,but finished strongly and came out nowhere to get 9th.

Im now just a point in front of Grosjean in the Championship - in 11th.

RS Clio 182
Got a frustrating 11th at Suzuka - Perez really had lots more pace than me,so he finally overtook me to get 10th on the first set of corners. However,i did beat my Rival Grosjean,who came 13th - so im leading 2-1 now.

Golf R/Leon FR
Got very annoyed at this last night, was doing the German GP, and on lap 6 it started raining. By lap 12 the track was soaking but the AI were pitting to put on prime tyres and driving at full pelt!! I swapped onto inters and fell from 5th to 14th! So I rage quitted!! Totally unrealistic.

RS Clio 182
Got very annoyed at this last night, was doing the German GP, and on lap 6 it started raining. By lap 12 the track was soaking but the AI were pitting to put on prime tyres and driving at full pelt!! I swapped onto inters and fell from 5th to 14th! So I rage quitted!! Totally unrealistic.

You have some dodgy things happening with your copy....not seen any bugs like that yet.

I came 11th yet again,this time in India - i just have no pace in the Sector 2 on that track....i was up in 7th early on but fell back,my rival Grosjean had great pace and did me in the pits - so im now 2-2 with him,with 3 races left.

RS Clio 182
Wow,intense race at Abu Dabi....but i stopped the rot of the 11th finishes by getting a point in 10th! Even better was that my rival grosjean lost his front wing on the first lap,had to pit in,and never make it back near me. Im now 3-2 up on him with 2 races to go.

Ive havnt come worse than 11th since moving to Sauber - but i think i need a move to Lotus next season to start getting consistent point finishes...

Golf R/Leon FR
Well..attempted to do the Nurburgring again, went really well up to the last pit stop when it rained. FI double stacked their drivers, so i got stuck in my pit box for 25 seconds and ruined my race!! 5th to 18th! Carried on and came 12th. Fuming!!

Goliath I
Just finished my 3rd Season.

Racing for Ferrari the fight for the Championship couldn't have been closer!
uqupusuh.jpg

RS Clio 182
Got my best Qualifying of the season at USA,with a 12th. I knew the only way of beating my rival Grosjean was to stick my fuel mix to rich after my 2nd stop - and hoped i could take him as he came out of his stop a lap later! But i was just a bit short,he came out of the pits a couple of seconds too quick,and my chance had gone,i was held up a bit on my out lap,which cost me. I had to stick it on Lean mix for the rest of the race,and hang onto 12th.

It goes down to Brazil,a track iam normally quick at. Its 3-3 between me and Grosjean,so if i beat him,i should get an offer from Lotus! (famous last words).

Goliath I
Qualified 5th, finished 2nd. Seb was a good few points ahead but ended 8th (I think), which still bagged him the Championship.

Realistically my finishing objective should have been 1st, but the team gave me 2nd which is something I hope is seen to in the next game. Also, Massa tried to overtake me twice! Which is very unlike Ferrari to allow to happen...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I picked this up last night. Only done the young drivers test so far and did P1 at Melbourne in my FI. Cars feel much better than the last time I played (F1 2011 IIRC)

RS Clio 182
Well i had to beat Grosjean at Brazil,to get an offer from Lotus for Season 3. There was echoes of Hill vs. Schumacher at Adelaide about this - as we both collided on the run down the hill after the first corner! I smashed through a sign but kept going in 21st. But...Grosjean retired!! I fought my way back on the first 2 laps,getting up to 9th,even overtaking my TM Hulkenberg - and i stayed in 9th for the finish. I seem to have really good race pace around Brazil,but only Q15th.

I was catching Hamilton in the end - he finished 8th - and lost out on the Championship to Alonso by one point!!

Anyway,i got the offer from Lotus for the 3rd season. :D

Impreza RB5 #054
What setups are people using?

Got a very good setup which works for a few tracks.
Good for 1:47 at Spa, 1:21 at Monza and 1:32 and Sakhir.