ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R-730 F4R-830 compatibility

Twingo rs200
I've recently picked up an F4R-830 engine from an RS197 bought it as it had cat cams and was albeit in bits a complete engine, when I looked at it I had doubts about the pistons and if they were any good.....got it back and they aren't they're forged wosner pistons but they're for the 172-182 which is the 730. So I now need some pistons and I'll get it bored aswel, so has anyone else ever used 730 pistons in the 830, I mean they must have worked previously as it had made around 220hp I'm trying to retain my Renault con rods and the 172 pistons can run on those, all other forged pistons that will fit my block when bored will need rods so just trying to save a few quid on the rods

Tia

Twingo rs200
Unfortunately the block has some wear and Renault don't make oversized pistons for it, and they're out of stock of standards so got to use forged

Twingo rs200
If your chasing power, I wouldn’t skimp on the rods, personally.y

If your chasing power, I wouldn’t skimp on the rods, personally.
Yeah I'm not ruling them out it was just seeing if I could avoid the extra layout, the standard rods should be fine at 210/220 and I won't be lifting the rev limiter....but if I can't find anything else I'll get a rod piston set 👍