ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facebook email address

Bus Winker
Is there any way to find someone's else address that they used to sign up to Facebook?
I know you can find people using their email address but is the reverse possible?

Someone I know has been impersonated on Facebook and I'm interested to know who it is.

If not is there any other way of knowing who set up the account?

Thanks

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Unless you are a skilled hacker no, due to data protection they have to hide it.

Even with the email addy you'd still need to get the password to find them out and dictionary attacks on FB take Aaaaaaaaaaaaages!

Bus Winker
Ok thanks. Would Facebook be willing to give out the IP address where the account was created to the person who is being impersonated?

There's no way of knowing who set it up - or what email they used or what IP they were on
Facebook take DPA very seriously

The best you can do is report the account as being an impersonator and they will shut it down

DB.

BMW 440i
Get Lt Columbo in here, will probably have it sorted before he even finishes reading the thread.

Bus Winker
I found the email address by doing forgot password on Facebook and entering the username from the profile URL. I could then guess the email from the name. The hotmail it links to doesn't give anything away.

Can I do anything else from here?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You'd do well to get past 2 step verification.

Put this way i'll sleep easy tonight knowing my hotmail/live/outlook accounts are safe.

I'm afraid it looks like you're on a hiding to nothing with this one.

If someone is impersonating your "friend" and regularly posting new pics, then it's someone on her friends list. Easiest way to find out who is to post new pictures only viewable to certain people, keep adding people until the photo gets shared by the faker. Do that strategically and you should be able to narrow it down. The problem you'll face is that your "friend" has 2800 friends on facebook. That'd take some work.

​PS. She's hot.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I found the email address by doing forgot password on Facebook and entering the username from the profile URL. I could then guess the email from the name. The hotmail it links to doesn't give anything away.

Can I do anything else from here?

PARAGRAPH REMOVED

admin if this is appropriate please delete this message, I checked the rules and couldn't see anything about this kind of information being posted being in breach.

Last edited by a moderator: