ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fag burn on my seat

clio 172 MKII

I need some help guys

There I was driving down the motorway and flicked my fag out of the window, 2 mins later a strange burning smell coming from between my legs (not for the first time I might add) looked down to find the cherry had put a nice round burn in my seat - gutted - how can this be repaired and any one know of any companies in the Milton Keynes area that might be able to do it...

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Halford do a kit that glues fibres on but guess you are talking about alcantara being burnt, not sure if would also work on that.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

:mad: @ fag flickers...use the ashtray then your fag ends wont bounce off car bonnets and you wont burn holes in your seat.

I got the same prob as u mate but my cig hit my steering wheel & burst into little cherries putting little holes in my seat! Really pi**ed my off cause i spoiled my car!

That Halfords kit takes ages to match the colour of your seat with the fibres in the kit! I tried it, it looked perfect in the bottle & on the seat but when it dries it goes lighter!

Try it, u may have better luck than i did!

Or u could try not smoking in ur car!

clio 172 MKII

ive banned smoking now mate dont you worry (sure your little burns) are from fags? mmmmmm not so sure!

how much for a recover do u rekon?

Ill put a wanted post on for a new front seat - you never know!

Nissan Jewk

I got the same problem, but the fag burn was already on the seat when i bought the car, its a bit annoying, but no-one can see it unless I point it out

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I found a really simple solution.. I never smoke in my 172.. ever..

When you get in in the morning it doesnt smell stale and everything hasnt turned yellow ! Once you get the seat fixed consider stopping smoking in the car.

Ive quit smoking for about 5 months now and im glad because my motors mint, unlike my mk3 golf. Word of advice, Dont allow smoking, eating, drinking, picking boggies in ur motor. Specially a 172:eek:

^^^ Would you do that if he was in front of you :devilish:

Ive tried the kits and to be honest youre better off getting it done professionally. The finished result ends up being a lighter colour (as above), and it has a hard feel to it. At best it just looks like youve spilt something!!!

Chips away franchises sometimes have the equip to do upholstery as well - there is one in MK area.

clio 172 MKII

cupboy - cheers mate and sensible answer at last - you dont have a contact number for them do ya?