ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed Emissions on Lambda reading, unplugged it and runs the same

PH1 172 - 182 RB
I might be answering my own question here but had a recent mot and failed on emissions. On the fast idle test these where the results

CO: <==0.300% Result 0.044% PASS
HC: <== 200ppm Result 32ppm Pass
lambda (Need 0.970-1.030) Results 1.223 Fail

First thing i've checked for is exhaust leaks which seems to be common with such a high lambda reading. When the engines cold there is condensation dropping from the centre section to backbox joint and also from the cat to centre section joint too. I know this is pretty normal but when I hold a rag over the exhaust pipe and rev it slightly there is some slight smoke that pumps out of the cat to centre section joint. For this i've ordered a new gasket and some high temp sealant but also a manifold to cat seal kit [genuine Renault] as I cant tell if its also blowing from here too.

But when I unplug the lambda sensor the car runs exactly the same as before. It still runs as smooth, and doesn't seem to be any loss of power. I thought this would make it run like a dog? Or does this sound like the lambda sensor will need replacing too

Any help would be appreciated thanks!