ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
@the Boosh

Sorry everyone! It turns out the "Fallout 4 teaser site" that had so many of us convinced an announcement around the fourth installment of Bethesda's popular series was imminent is, in fact, fan-made.

A recent update to the Survivor 2299 site confirmed the news, while Bethesda made clear the site was not official on its Twitter feed.
The site first appeared in November and was quickly uncovered by Reddit users, who identified javascript code linking it to Fallout, as well as the morse code which seemed to be counting down to December 11. That Bethesda recently trademarked Fallout 4 in Europe added extra fuel to the raging fan fires.

But the publisher is still holding its Fallout cards very close to its chest, and it seems we'll have to wait just that little bit longer to return to the Wasteland.
In an AMA on Reddit, the hoaxer said he made the site because "some men just want to watch the world burn."
Sad piano, indeed.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks mate - That's bullshit then. :( - Hpefully it will still happen though if they've registered it as a trade mark.

ST1050, 320d
I'm sure it's just a matter of when and not if. Why wouldn't Bethesda make a sequel to a hugely successful franchise and on a new platform.

Listerine & Poledo
reasons.

legal reasons

many, many, many legal reasons.

complex, legal reasons.

But other than that, they need to get it released, on PS4, tomorrow

ST1050, 320d
Well I wouldn't want to hurt my pretty head thinking about it too hard. I agree that it should be released tomorrow though, with a free PS4.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hoax or not - there's no way they will pass up on the opportunity to make Fallout 4. Just in the same way they won't ignore doing a follow-up to Skyrim. Two very large cash-cows there, just waiting to be tapped.

D.

Listerine & Poledo
They've scoped out Boston and the surrounding area as well, this was much earlier in the year though.

I'm sure it's in been in development a while, but there's no point in them making any noise until they've got a decent representative version to show off.

I'd rather wait longer and hope that at least some of the bugthesdas are fixed than have to put up with what they gave us for FO3 and FONV

ST1050, 320d
They've scoped out Boston and the surrounding area as well, this was much earlier in the year though.

I'm sure it's in been in development a while, but there's no point in them making any noise until they've got a decent representative version to show off.

I'd rather wait longer and hope that at least some of the bugthesdas are fixed than have to put up with what they gave us for FO3 and FONV

FO3 was ok, NV was an absolute nightmare though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Fallout faithful were dealt a blow recently after Bethesda confirmed the Fallout 4 website was indeed a hoax, but now new evidence suggests the game is real and set in Boston. Casting documents obtained by Kotaku for a project code-named Institue include scripts and character descriptions believed to be associated with Fallout 4.

One line of text from a script starts off with the familiar line "War. War never changes," which started off Fallout 1-3 featuring the voicework of actor Ron Perlman. However, this time around, it appears the character will deliver the line.

Other documents speak about a mission set in the Institute--described as a post-apocalyptic version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass. The Commonwealth, which was referenced in Fallout 3 as being what remained of Massachusetts, is also mentioned in the documents.

A report from August 2012 claimed Bethesda had conducted a scouting trip to Boston and the immediate surrounding areas, launching speculation that the unannounced game would be set there.

Characters referenced in the document include a radio DJ named Travis Miles and an engineer called Sturges, described as a "cross between Buddy Holly and Vin Diesel." The documents also include casting calls for both male and female versions of Fallout 4's main character, and explain that the player will begin the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber.

As Kotaku points out, it is possible that some or all of these details were invented for the purposes of the casting call; and if they weren't, they could still change through the development process. It is also unknown if the project will called Fallout 4 or if players will get to travel outside of Boston.
A Bethesda representative declined to comment to Kotaku and to GameSpot.

The most recent Fallout title was 2010's Fallout: New Vegas, which was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and set in a postapocalyptic Las Vegas.
Its predecessor, Fallout 3, was developed by Bethesda Game Studios (BGS) and took place in Washington DC and the surrounding area. Bethesda Game Studios, which also developed The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim, moved onto a new project in April 2013.

Bethesda also recently trademarked Starfield and Soulburst, as well as Void Engine, none of which have been officially announced to date.