ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Family RS Collection

My favourite is the Spider.

All very nice machines, but the others (possibly excluding the V6) are pretty normal cars really TBH. That said, it's clearly a great collection, and the location makes it a little bit more special. Fair play.

I also think the 172 looks cracking on red rims :approve:

130i Road, 172 Track
Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes, we're over in Sydney, Australia. We have a good RS following over here and it is ever-growing. In fact, I think they've sold more RS Megane 3s here than in the UK.

The V6 and Spider are personal imports that we've bought from the people that moved over here. There are 4-5 Spiders on the roads and another couple on the track in Aus, and about 5 Clio V6s getting around - ours is the only ph1.

The 8:08 Edition is one of 50 LY 265s, the R26 is one of 120 LYs, the 197 is the only 197 with Cup suspension in Aus (that isn't an R27) and the 172 is my track car but is still road-registered.

Dad learnt to drive on Renaults back in the 70s over here but after a few sales flops in the 80s, Renault disappeared from our shores until the ph1 172 in 2001. I got my 182 in 2006 and from there Dad got interested again, starting with the R26 and then the Vee and Spider popped up a few years apart, and now the 265 in January 2013.

The Meganes and Clios are the ultimate hot hatches and they get driven properly, with many long weekend drives and track days between them.

The Vee and Spyder are more collectible so don't get driven as much, but still get used.

I will have to organise a shoot now for Dad's other collection ;)

130i Road, 172 Track
Other Collection?

Cars' all brilliant btw.

Thanks mate.

And yeh, we have (well, Dad has!) got a couple of Lotii:

7880079846_934242e570_b.jpg

IMG_8752 copy by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

7880069160_0fb32d9fb1_b.jpg
IMG_8633 copy by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

130i Road, 172 Track
Does your dad rob banks for a living? lol

Very nice collection though, im jealous!

Haha no, no he doesn't. If you add it all up, in Aussie dollars, all the cars together are probably the cost of a brand new well-specced Aventador. But he's always liked unique and interesting cars, and Renault and Lotus are, especially in Australia, unique and interesting.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Haha no, no he doesn't. If you add it all up, in Aussie dollars, all the cars together are probably the cost of a brand new well-specced Aventador. But he's always liked unique and interesting cars, and Renault and Lotus are, especially in Australia, unique and interesting.
All those cars>Aventador IMO.

Dope though, would love to have them all at my disposal. Even if I probably can't get into any Lotii.

130i Road, 172 Track
All those cars>Aventador IMO.

Dope though, would love to have them all at my disposal. Even if I probably can't get into any Lotii.

Agreed! Also, keep in mind how expensive cars over here - a new Aventador is probably $750-800k AUD.

A few years back when Dad's business partner bought a new F430 for around $450-500k AUD, he just laughed and said, "I'd rather buy 5 cheaper but still awesome cars." Couldn't imagine having that much money tied up in one (hugely depreciating) asset!