ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fan over-ride switch.....

anyone know how to hook up a fan over-ride switch for the 16v, so the engine doesnt cook when sat in traffic?

jimbo

There is a previous thread on this. About 2 months ago i described how to do it. But here goes anyway.

Find your fan switch, its in the radiaitor on the right hand side about a 3rd of the way up (a clio 16v rad anyway, not sure which rad youre running). Splice into each wire, of which there are 2 and extend the extra wires you have just added to wherever you want the switch. Dont forget to include the original renault wiring in the new splices or your fan switch wont work.

Get a Single Pole Single Throw toggle switch with a 10-15 Amp raiting and connect your two wires to the back of it.

Now when you flick the switch, the fan cuts in. It will also run from the fan switch as normal.

However, dont forget to switch off the fan when you leave the car. You could use a switched ignition feed for the +12v, this would mean the fan only works when ignitions on.

Hope this helps...

Depends how good the wire is your using. I only use type 55 militry spec wire. But this is expensive and hard to get hold of. So for this installation i used 20AWG which is rated at roughly 13 amps.

Use about 18 AWG of off the shelf wire and youll be fine. Dont forget its only transmitting current for a few mins at a time.

Make sure you use some kind of heat protection if you run the wiring close to exhaust. If not, use loom tape to keep it all tidy.

All i done was took a wire from the battery to a switch then run another wire from the switch to the can switch. (cant remember what side of the switch i took it to?)