ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancy Using A New Wax! Any Suggestions?

VRS
i do all the usual wash, clay, polish, seal and wax etc etc

i currently use #476s collinite which is excellent and has done me proud throughout the winter

im basically wondering if there is a wax which will bring up a nice shine and deep rich colour to my racing blue???

cheers
andy

106 GTi
Nattys Blue or P21s would be worth looking at.

Most of the shine and depth are created through the paint prep though.

What will you be using to polish before protecting?

VRS
on bodywork i do:

megs shampoo
megs detailer and clay
ag super resin
ag extra gloss sealant
collinte 476s (usually 2 coats)

Full Fat 182
Harlys Wax is spot on mate, worth every penny and the tin is a good size (16oz i think)

AceJon

106 GTi
makavelli said:
on bodywork i do:

megs shampoo
megs detailer and clay
ag super resin
ag extra gloss sealant
collinte 476s (usually 2 coats)

Using Nattys Blue over that may give you a slightly deeper and wetter look to your paint.

To improve looks further you could think about using a Glaze of some sort and topping with a less durable sealant and then waxing. You wont get the same protection as you current combo but may get a deeper gloss.

Think about Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze or Meguiars #81 Hand Polish or #7 Show Car Glaze, sealed with Poorboys EX-p Sealant, topped with Nattys Blue wax or P21s Wax.

VRS
Rich said:
Using Nattys Blue over that may give you a slightly deeper and wetter look to your paint.

To improve looks further you could think about using a Glaze of some sort and topping with a less durable sealant and then waxing. You wont get the same protection as you current combo but may get a deeper gloss.

Think about Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze or Meguiars #81 Hand Polish or #7 Show Car Glaze, sealed with Poorboys EX-p Sealant, topped with Nattys Blue wax or P21s Wax.

im going to get some stuff off serious performance at the weekend so what would you suggest out of that list and how would it fit in with the order of washing and claying etc!

can you do it as a list for me?

106 GTi
Wash
Clay
Polish - If working By Hand Scratch X as needed in set areas.

(Possible extra step here mild polish and paint clean with Autoglym Super Resin - I would do this myself, skip it though if you end up doing the whole car with Scratch X)

Glaze - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax
Seal - Poorboys EX-p
Wax - Nattys Blue

Formally Alex C
Agree with Rich... I'd go Natty's Blue for a clear and wet look, and Harly for a deeper sheen. Either of these will be a bit wetter / deeper than the 476s, which is quite reflective for a wax.

Oh, and don't forget your 10% Serious Performance discount and free postage as always :).

VRS
ScottRC182 said:
Sorry to be thick.... whats claying? and is it needed often?

a bar of clay which is run over the panels after they have been sprayed with a detailer spray (basicly soapy water) and removes contaminents, tar, brake dust etc

i would do it twice a year?

and its very useful, leaves the bodywork like glass

VRS
do a search for clay and you will see a lot of info in threads about it!!!
the meguairs clay and detailer is around 13 quid iirc and available from stores online or halfords