ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fao Any Tuning Company On Here...

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Does any company on here have a matched inlet manfiold in stock for a 182, I have been waiting to get one for ages and seem to be getting nowhere, I am willing to pay for it today. I need to buy it on an exchange basis and I will send mine back once I've had it fitted.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Ben at Angelworks should have one avalible, I am unsure tho that he would run an exchange in the way you mention tho.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
He doesn't have one available for exchange at the moment, I already tried. I've e-mailed GDI and AP-Developements, but waiting to hear back. I live too far away, and I can't travel down there at the moment because of work.

Lionel Richie
i have an unmodified 182 pair somewhere (ali has the plenham still)

do you want me to give them to ben

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
yeah I would really appreciate that, I tried Ben first but he's had problems getting enough of them for a 182, only reason I need it pretty quickly is because I'm going away for a few months and just wanna get everything on my car finished.

Milltek'd 182
^you should be getting mine back next week if all goes well with the fitting... he's off sick at the moment :rolleyes:

Just give me a call tomoz, i'll pack it up and ship it and await the return of yours next week.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
ok I'll ring you tomorrow, any time in particular? should I ring the angel works number or your mobile number, cos I dont wanna wake you up again lol?

some had big gains, some dont.

Had 3 in today which were big changes, but one last week that was minimal.

cup 182 mit stripes
Stan with the blinkers and self interest! Search thread ''Tuning Results'' 10/1/07.

Yep I can say I have noticed a lot of difference, and not placebo either, car feels torquier lower down and revs pick up mucho quicker.

5th gear is seems alot better :D

2005 Nissan Navara
Stan with the blinkers and self interest! Search thread ''Tuning Results'' 10/1/07.

you make little sense to me.

anyway, cant be arsed searching...but as i remember you seen below expected performance increase??

maybe it was a s**t dyno, maybe your engine is in poor running condition, maybe you filled up the day before with tescos contaminated fuel lol

as above results can be varied.....the high majority are very pleasing...but theres lots of factors.

My point here is, why bother tar'ing a discussion with a one pointed comment to the masses??

Also as I remember, Ben offered you a refund?? to which you declined??

so...put up or shut up :)

cup 182 mit stripes
Yes Ralph, group n +inlet in my case was 3bhp and 8lbs ft extra,barely noticeable on the road,but I don't regret doing it. I had a good day out getting my bits fitted and meeting guys and one gal having similar work done.

cup 182 mit stripes
Stan! You can't be arsed searching but you seem to be aware of all relevant points. My car is in tip-top condition, never in its 13k miles having a lick of cheap juice.

The dyno and fitters were Falkland Performance Centre. Operated by guys with more experience than you I'll wager.

Why after paying to get Ben's manifold fitted, and it not actually losing me power, would I go to further expense of taking it off?

Lastly, you have done yourself no good with your petulant post. Ill educated, arrogant and ignorant. Why should anyone buy goods from you?

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Stan! You can't be arsed searching but you seem to be aware of all relevant points. My car is in tip-top condition, never in its 13k miles having a lick of cheap juice.

The dyno and fitters were Falkland Performance Centre. Operated by guys with more experience than you I'll wager.

Why after paying to get Ben's manifold fitted, and it not actually losing me power, would I go to further expense of taking it off?

Lastly, you have done yourself no good with your petulant post. Ill educated, arrogant and ignorant. Why should anyone buy goods from you?

don't mean to be nasty, but the fact is nobody asked your opinion, in fact this thread had nothing to do with you, you wouldn't say "dont expect big gains" or whatever if you didnt have the intention of stopping me from buying the product, you seem bitter because your car didnt gain as much as 80% of the cars that have had it done, you arguing with people will not stop me buying this, whether it gives me good gains or not

Milltek'd 182
ja.jack you do make me laugh! not afraid to speak your mind which i kind of like. but still, maybe was a bit out of place! i'm having my inlet fitted next week which was done my mr Craig S, aka stan* himself so we shall see what difference it makes! then somehow get an RStuning remap! may it also be said, the 'best gains' to be seen are by a custom/taylored remap to suit the new inlets, which is not included in the groupN if i'm right?!

:)

M2 Competition
Mcg, popped down to angelworks and had mine swapped today, big improvement.

Imo, well worth doing fella.

Ben - decat's popping a lot less now, guessing this is as its running slightly lean? Still feels lots more responsive, especially in the midrange.

Popping on overrun is an indication of lean running, hence it happens on overrun or trailing throttle etc.

A lean burn is slower than a stoich or richer one, hence its still burning on the way out.

I think he is incinuating that we are licking arse.

When in fact I'm mearly saying the service and the end product have given me proven gains.

Depends on whether you care about drivability or bullshit pub figures.

M

mini-valver

Seriously, is this going anywhere?
Ja.jack, you gained 3hp so now everyone that wants/has one is an ignorant cretin if they experience a gain..... MAybe yours is a good un anyway and so didnt benefit as others have, no need to flame people for asking questions!

M2 Competition
Wishing cancer on someone because you dont appreciate the gains you get from a manifold on a clio?

If thats not stupid, im not sure what is.

172, Tiguan
I have tidyed the thread and removed the comments. Ja.Jack will return in 7 days.

Jon

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I have to admit i did aim some carefully worded retailation at that Ja.Jack character just because the comments he made were absolutely mindless....Good work on the tidy up job Jon.