ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Cleaning Gurus Concerning Scratch X

VRS
ive read a few threads in which Rich has said if cleaning by hand and not by machine, to use scratch x for swirl removal!
in the past i have used scratch x to get out faint scratches.

my question is: can it be used all over the bodywork to remove all faint swirls?
or should it just be used in small areas? if yes then what is the best process to do this?

cheers

andy

ST
You can scratch X the full car mate, it'll take a while tho...

Wash, dry, scratch X, super resin, then a few coats of a pure carnuba wax..

106 GTi
A whole car by hand using Scratch X is hard work.

Most defects take multiple applications to sort them out 3 maybe 4 goes, to make Scratch X work it needs to be worked till it's gone, ie work it until there is nothing to remove/ o product to wipe off.

To do the whole car like this is time consuming and tiring. If you do paln to do this I would suggest doing a different panel or two each time you wash the car. In time you will get the whole car done.

I did mine after collection by hand ... never again!

VRS
cheers guys!

ive already given the car its cleaning overhall b4 fcs but was just wondering because the car still had a few swirls on it :(
i mite do a bit at a time like rich suggests

andy

VRS
Jay said:
megs #83 works well for light scratches

soz for sounding dense but is that a polish? what stage would i use it? i currently:

wash
clay
scratch x any scratches
srp
vanilla moose wax
ex-p
p21s

Skoda Fabia vRS
use something else for the whole car, Scratch X is good but you would need to go over the whole car about 3 times, this would take ages

Octavia VRS
I did a couple of coats of scratch X by hand (after claying) before FCS and it came up looking well. Then applied a coat of XXX carnuba wax. A couple of people even thought it had been PC'd :)

However it is tiring work and I did it over 2 days.

After seeing the results, my dad now wants me to Scratch X his car by hand!

If you have time and don't mint a bit of elbow grease I don't see what is wrong with doing it

Skoda Fabia vRS
Kenny the problem is scratch x has diminishing abrasives so it really needs to be worked a bit, its not a wipe on wipe off job, so doing a full car would be really time consuming and hard work, even on a Clio

personally by hand id use something else like SSR1

106 GTi
BRUN said:
Kenny the problem is scratch x has diminishing abrasives so it really needs to be worked a bit, its not a wipe on wipe off job, so doing a full car would be really time consuming and hard work, even on a Clio

personally by hand id use something else like SSR1

SSR1 by hand wont work half aswell at removing anything though comapred to the Scratch X by hand. The scratch X is hard work, but is formulated to work by hand.