ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Everyone on Virgin Broadband

Skoda Fabia vRS
seems its not just me who is having sudden, vast, drops in speed

i have contacted virgin and carried out various tests that they wanted me to do, they have actually been emailing me back, but it does take a few days each time

what im asking is that everyone who is having a problem contacts them about it, dont just sit back and live with it

an email will take you all of five minutes to type out and the more people email the more they will start to realise that their is a genuine problem that needs sorting

if nobody contacts them then we will all have to live with this poor service for ages :mad:

Skoda Fabia vRS
do you work for them ?

if so, whats being done about it, we are not receiving the service we are paying for

i think they know about it full well, and just keep coming up with excuses to move people away from the idea they are traffic shaping imo

i got cable to get a better service, seeing as ADSL is more of a shared service....so technically i should get a better performance from my connection? not with virgin media...

MINI Cooper S
Of course they know about it... But they cant be arsed to do anything about it, most probably because it would cost £££... NTL was bad enough, but since they went to Virgin it seems to be getting even worse, and customer service when something does go wrong is shite to...

Of course they know about it... But they cant be arsed to do anything about it, most probably because it would cost £££... NTL was bad enough, but since they went to Virgin it seems to be getting even worse, and customer service when something does go wrong is s**te to...

ive yet to have a problem with the support really............modem packed up, spent 30 mins on their premium line to get through to someone...............they credited the call charge back and were out the next day with a modem........

its just performance im bothered about!

MINI Cooper S
Of course they know about it... But they cant be arsed to do anything about it, most probably because it would cost £££... NTL was bad enough, but since they went to Virgin it seems to be getting even worse, and customer service when something does go wrong is s**te to...

ive yet to have a problem with the support really............modem packed up, spent 30 mins on their premium line to get through to someone...............they credited the call charge back and were out the next day with a modem........

its just performance im bothered about!

Lucky! lol... oh the problems i have had! Took them a week to come fix our home phone line... and even then they said there would come between 12pm and 6pm... i said thats arse because ill be at work until 4, so then she tells me if i am not in when the so called 'engineer' calls round, they will charge me £10... Anyway that was just the latest one... God knows how many times the bill has been wrong, overcharged, and then it takes 6 months for them to send my money back! Tbh the only reason i am still with them is i cant get BT broadband here (last time i checked anyway), cable is apparently better when it works properly, and i cant be bothered with the hassle of changing....

Mines gone from this:

203503322.png

to this recenly:

215144415.png

yeah, i usually get like 6500 down to london, and 500ish up on there...........but at other times, lower than 37 + 100!!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
yes I work for them and have no idea what "they" are doing about it as I have nothing to do with broadband

Oh and Virgin IS NTL. Same company, same people just leased a different name. People who say "its got worse since Virgin took over" are talking crap as its the same goodam company!

If you arent happy with the serivce speak to tech support. If you are still unsatisfied give your 30 days notice and go to ADSL where more likely than not you will get the same problems. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I know people in same situation as you and I know people who get 15-20mb connections all of the time. There are problems and they will be fixed, when I do not know

172 A Cupwork Orange™
I moved from virgin(cable) 4meg service to sky 2meg (ADSL)

And sky is 1billion times faster well not litraly but you know what i mean lol even tho its a slower service in principle, However i find the service from sky more reliable as i dont get sudden speed drops at peak times in fact my speed has not fluctuated since i installed it a few month ago, general concencis virgin charge over the odds for a pants service,

this is just my opinion and i fully understand not everyones will be the same

172 Cup
If you arent happy with the serivce speak to tech support. If you are still unsatisfied give your 30 days notice and go to ADSL where more likely than not you will get the same problems. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I'm sure people would love too but Virgin, as a company, treat their customer like s**t.

Obviously you work for them and I have to respect your (maybe biased/naive/rose tinted) opinions but in the industry your employers are a joke..

ph1 172... Sold:(
It will take Virgin/ntl a long time to sort out their service issues. Basically it stems from the fact that pre-ntl cable and wireless was basically lots of little franchises operating in their own corner of the country and not giving a fig what the others were doing.

Now it's a 'national' company they've had a really hard time merging all the little stand alone systems that each used into one servicable system. I'm not making excuses for them ntl should have had it sorted long ago and they'd have never needed to sell the business on to Virgin. Most people are now served by one of two accounting services, but the legacy of the mergers will affect alot of customers for along time. Alot of people who have internet and other services as a package will actually have the internet as a seperate account; be careful when giving notice to leave, as there is a chance the operative will only action it on the account number you quote when calling, ask them to make sure they've actioned all parallel accounts.

People who say it's worse since Virgin have taken over have a point, but not because the actual service has got worse; Instead staff get bonuses for getting people off the old ntl packages and onto the new Virgin Media packages, however there have been alot of issues with old ntl accounts being left running, often with suppressed bills, along side the new account, so the first a customer knows about it is when the old account has accrued enough arrears to generate red letters.

As to why the broadband itself is so bad I've no idea...? I don't work for them btw.

S.

Der Panzer
I'm sure people would love too but Virgin, as a company, treat their customer like s**t.

Obviously you work for them and I have to respect your (maybe biased/naive/rose tinted) opinions but in the industry your employers are a joke..

Funny how people can have a pop at larger corporations, but certain tuning companies are infalible. :rolleyes:

As for Virgin, I've never had any problems with them.

Skoda Fabia vRS
out of all the replies, im hoping some of you speaking in such detail do actually have virgin broadband, and i hope you have fired an email off to tech support, as this was the point of my thread, i want my broadband sorted, and im not paying for premium rate phone support, for them to spend 10 mins telling me to restart my modem and search for adware

client-86-0-109-223.nrth.adsl.virgin.net hope that clears it up for me ;) lol

They've probably done what alot of places do, take on too many ppl and can't cope with the demand.

most isps in the uk are just a compete joke, i went with newnet due to them not traffic shaping etc but i am having severe speed problems as mentioned in the other slow broadband thread, as its only 1 month min contract if its not sorted within 2 weeks im off!

theyre customer support is pretty decent so im hoping they get it sorted..

Funny how people can have a pop at larger corporations, but certain tuning companies are infalible. :rolleyes:

As for Virgin, I've never had any problems with them.

So true ;)

My connection is totally hit and miss. I know our neighbors have virgin and I think he might be downloading the internet onto his pc. They are on holiday atm and its well quick!

215267901.png

Ping is s**t today, but its quick once downloads start.

Clown Car
out of all the replies, im hoping some of you speaking in such detail do actually have virgin broadband, and i hope you have fired an email off to tech support, as this was the point of my thread, i want my broadband sorted, and im not paying for premium rate phone support, for them to spend 10 mins telling me to restart my modem and search for adware

You are probably wasting your time with emails back and forth to Virgin, the best thing to do is just request your MAC and sign up with another provider, i was on up to 8mb broadband from Virgin, but changed isp's because the speed was all over the place, during peak periods it was painfully slow.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

"Worst service ever, switching to dial up gave better speeds than this so called 8mbps service"

I swapped to an isp called ADSL24, i only wish i had done it sooner.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

172 cup TT
Mines not working at the mo'.. hasnt been since the "national outage" on the 18th... been using our crap Sky BB in the mean time due to being busy with xmas etc.... What do people advise? i dont want to be bent over by calling their tech support line and telling them i dont need to Adaware etc etc... ive heard something about the MAC addys getting cocked up due to this outage if that helps...