ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Meguiars Users

Renault Clio Dynamique
Righty folks, can anyone post the full steps they do while washing their car? I'm probably going to buy from the Meguiars NXT range and I'd just like folks views on what products are the best from that range and what steps you all wash your car in.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm very tired :sleepy:

Thanks again folks! :D

106 GTi
Not a fan of the NXT range at all, shampoo is nothing special, the NXT Sealant/wax is average, looks good on some colours but durability and ease of use are poor, better can be brought for the money.

I do like the metal polish though.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
i use megs nxt shampoo, goldclass, clay (sometimes), wheel cleaner, tyre blackner, metal polish and black trim errr blacker...Phew
Very impressed with their stuff but im not really a cleaning nut.
wheel cleaner>Wash>dry with megs colth thing>goldclass>clean with megs micro fiber> then detail metal and plastic bits.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
1. Watered down wonder wheels on all the, um, wheels, then rinse them.
2. Hose the whole car down, including the arches.
3. NXT Shampoo the whole car with a lambswool wash mitt, then using an old sponge for the tyres/arches.
4. Rinse off with no nozzle on the hose, letting the water sheet off the body work.
5. Dry whole car with microfibre towels, then take it for a quick blast up the road to dislodge water in the seals.
6. Get a cup of rosy lea while the car dries thouroughly.
7. Put the car in my car pool (for the shade)
8. Polish if required, otherwise, full coat of gold class liquid wax.
9. Buff off with more microfibre towels.
10. Clean all the glass.
11. Dress the plastic trim (autoglym rubber and bumper care)
12. Tyre dressing. (whatever pruduct i have lying about)
13. The result:
car 012.jpg

106 GTi
Fast Glass is ok for quick cleans, to deep clean the glass your best off with there Glass Polish.

Halfords sell both.

R27 - 77/500
ive just bought so megs gold class wax and shampoo, box came without instructions though, so basically wanting to know how long to leave it on bodywork for? what sort of cloh to use to buff it off with etc, thanks

'18 Megane dci
Dan_cup said:
ive just bought so megs gold class wax and shampoo, box came without instructions though, so basically wanting to know how long to leave it on bodywork for? what sort of cloh to use to buff it off with etc, thanks

Instructions are on the back of the bottles mate, fold out type I think.

i dont rate their shop stuff really

applictor pads are good.
clay is ok but can just use other peoples clay nowadays cheaper.
gold class wax is average, it isnt really a proper wax just similar to AG super resin but costs more and is harder to apply/remove.

106 GTi
You cant compare Gold Glass Wax to AG SRP - AG SRP is usefull! Gold Class Wax is a very poor, a pain on and off.

R27 - 77/500
yea found them under the lip. i thought megs was supposed to be good, normally use SRP but thought id give it a go,

clio mk2
does any one have any tips on getting polish off bumpers. Iv tried to jus wash it off but it is stil white and looks disgracefull.