ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO photoshoppers bsx on a ph1

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
17's more like lol

some advice, 165/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza's are £39 a corner from mytyres.com (co.uk) they give perfect stretch as it doesn't look stupid.

DONT have the wheels on over winter as they do get frost bitten.

"Lows" just leave about 2mm of arch gap on the front. As for the back (dependent on coilovers) wind all the way down.

CLIO PH1 172
17's more like lol

some advice, 165/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza's are £39 a corner from mytyres.com (co.uk) they give perfect stretch as it doesn't look stupid.

DONT have the wheels on over winter as they do get frost bitten.

"Lows" just leave about 2mm of arch gap on the front. As for the back (dependent on coilovers) wind all the way down.

Thanls for the advice and I'm pretty sure these r the tryes the wheels currently have on so even better I will probably go for vmaxx coilovers so probaly wound right down front and back.

Is ther any way of protecting the wheels in the winter ? Would a good wax not be any help?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
not that ive found i take mine off for winter, infact mine will be coming off in the next 2 week.

ph1 track weapon
dont go for black centres adam or your wheels will look too much like mine! defiitely in need of spacers even with an offset of 28 on mine. thinking 10mm should do it.

Gazs go low too if you can find a 2nd hand pair about

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
defiitely in need of spacers even with an offset of 28 on mine. thinking 10mm should do

I strongly recommend spacers as their only 7" wide. More than 10mm will be needed tho me thinks, trial fit and measure also dont forget about the camber also as you'll need clearance from the arch.

ph1 track weapon
mine are only 6.5s, but theyre sitting probably a 10mm spacers distance inside the arch i think. not sure whether to run 195/45/15s or try 165s

ph1 track weapon
adam, look in my project thread. theyre fairly rare, EVEN in VW circles. wanna go for stretch but just in the process of swapping my 888s for some 195s so would make life easier to use them for now. hmmmm

ph1 track weapon
hacked off by tyre prices though! need to get on and order them!

gonna see whether i can flog my 888s to fund them anyways

think you should go for something other than the Lensos though. theres nicer wheels about for less monies. Join Edition 38 for some inspiration!

CLIO PH1 172
lol iv been hovering around e38, wheel *****s, driftworks and the JDM thread on here waaaaaaay to much. im not buying new so the price is good for what im getting! (and trust me im on a budget lol)

ph1 track weapon
I got mine on wheel *****s for the half the price of new. They've done 20 miles of road driving!!!

Think then BSX'x are nice, iirc there is the option to have them in ET25 instead ET38, wouldn't need such large spacers then.

And Bifcaids how large are these washes you've used for the rear camber?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
JDM my car isnt Jap so i get away with it ;)

Joey we tested out 2 on each bolt at first (so 4 in all) and the outer edge of the tyre was off the floor it was proberly about 10' of camber lol so we left it with 1 each bolt (2 in all) and its perfect.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
it did untill i realised id need like 40mm spacers just to get it flush lol

CLIO PH1 172
I was thinking do you reckon I could use some washers on all four bolts to space the wheels even more so I would have camber shim then a few washers on the hub and a 25mm hubcentric spacer ? Or will that be to much?

CLIO PH1 172
true but the biggest spacer is 25mm what im saying is would people recomened going 25mm hubcentric on the disc and say 15mm -20mm on the hub side so i get a 40mm-45mm space? or is that just way to risky ???

CLIO PH1 172
but would there be to much stress on the bolts thats why i was thinking of spliting the load by putting spacers between the hub AND between the wheel//disc?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
As gaz has said you're over complicating things just get custom Hubcentric spacers bud

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if it interests you

this is the rears on 25mm
img0018nu.jpg

and the fronts on 30mm
img0017hz.jpg