ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO those running heated front screens...

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
A heated screen isn't going to keep the car warm by a long way. If your not wanting to freeze your balls you have 3 options..

-heated seat
-keep your blowers
-put more clothing on (that's my plan anyway)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'd love to put the heater back in but I have a stupid dash bar welded in instead :(

Be thoughtful about it. Put a heater back in (just move it a little bit & use ducting surely? Put it on the floor for race car weight distribution if you like :p) but run a few lengths of small ducting to key areas rather than heating up empty space.

Quite a few endurance cars at Le Man etc have started to run air conditioning & have been blowing air directly into the back of the seat via ducts, onto the pedal box, another one onto the steering wheel grip etc.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
if you wanted something a bit trick and really lightweight run a couple of laptop fans ducting the warm air from area around the manifold primaries