ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fast glass and glass polish

soon to be 182 ;)
auto glym do both of these products, which is better and what are the differences? do i need both?

No the cleaner is for dust, handprints, muck etc. The polish is an abrasive polish that will remove more stubborn marks.

However, glass is very hard (obviously) so the polish doesn't really take away swirls or scratches as effectively as something like Jewellers Rouge.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fast glass is pish.

Be better using a lemon.

Sounds like I need some of this on the Audi. Any more info? I have some small scratches (can barely catch a nail in them).

You can only get so far, Dan. Sadly. As mine are knackered from years of abuse.

However, you can order it off eBay. It looks like a Copper Oxide compound, so a reddish colour. You add a small amount of water to make it into a paste and then apply this and polish as usual. I will dig out the DW guide.

same with me i have this . . awaits JD's words of wisdom

As above.

just ordered some so will give it a try lol

Order what?

Fast glass is pish.

Be better using a lemon.

Disagree, I still quite like it. 3M pwns it though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think you're right mate as always! :)

Ordered some clay and Surfex HD to try, usually use g101 but fancy a change.

Lol, just remembered you text me on Sat night. Was sat in Sarah's lounge, having cooked the world's best Spag with a glass of red in hand (there was about a glass left from cooking ;)) watching Shrek 3!!!

Hmm might give this ago side windows are fluffed. JD my back left glass has a haze all over and doesnt feel glassy, can i just use p203 on a finishing pad to get rid of ?

Bumder With A Buffer
I'l be going down the glass polish route..ordered the pad for it but Polished Bliss were out of stock of the polish itself :(

Gay

Just to point out Richy, the glass polish is £14.99 and the kit is £19.99... and in the kit you get two felt pads, some polish and a rainx sealant... Not sure how that works out, money wise, but hey ho. Unlike Clark et al to over charge!

Hmm might give this ago side windows are fluffed. JD my back left glass has a haze all over and doesnt feel glassy, can i just use p203 on a finishing pad to get rid of ?

Sounds more like it's in need of a decent claying buddy. Try that first and see how you get on.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i have the rayon polishing disks i brought it as my sisters wiper had came of and put a nice scratch in the windscreen never got round to doing it so never got to see any results.
need april to hurry up so i can get my own car to clean again :D