ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest DCi on the forum?

VaVa
I think there are a few tuned ones about. I'd imagine the stock gearbox/clutch could be a stumbling block if you're going for any major increase in torque.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Martin_172 had a ph2 dci 100 that was remapped, bigger intercooler etc. Ran about 130hp 210ft/lb. Had clutch issues when the car was hot, slipped a little! Gearbox was fine! But was very quick, held off a 172 cup one night, it struggled to pass us. Stopped further up the road the cup driver was gutted when he found out it was a deisel.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I loosely remember a new member on here claiming ~220, although it was likely BS as i don't believe he came back and proved it after the flaming he got. I'm sure one of his posts said something loosely on the lines of "I have more money than sense" not sure if anybody else caught the thread.

Weo

I loosely remember a new member on here claiming ~220, although it was likely BS as i don't believe he came back and proved it after the flaming he got. I'm sure one of his posts said something loosely on the lines of "I have more money than sense" not sure if anybody else caught the thread.

i remember this,

he had a big mouth with how good it was etc etc, about 4 pages of questions to him and no reply..... was definetly real...

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...m-a-diesel-clio-er&highlight=dci+clio+220+bhp

Listerine & Poledo
Surely a heavyweight clutch, huge snail of a turbo, intercooler the size of a house and a remap will give you big beans from a diesel?

Otherwise, would a laguna 2.2dci fit in the nose of a Clio?

182 Cup
Is the dci 175 lump from the Megane, Laguna, etc. a 2.2 or a 2.0? If it would fit into a mk2 it could be quite a fast little mpg monster. I imagine a 2.0 diesel lump would be considerably heavier though and ruin the handling - I recall reading the 175 diesel Megane was a little nose heavy and that's a considerably bigger car.

DCi 100
Sachs do a clutch for the DCi at around £350 last time I looked at their site, making it a better chance to go way past 200lb+

Mines just standard engine wise. Fred setup the suspension spot on but the coilovers aren't ideal. I'd love a sachs clutch, decent set of KW/Billy's with widetrack + low offset super/ultraleg's, solid top mounts, whiteline arb, bigger turbo, intercooler, Remap @ TDF, EGR bypass, some custom carbon bits, get all the weight out and straight pipe exhaust no cat/back box.

Endless and could go absolutely crazy. But tbh diesel isn't my thing. It's a good all rounder practicality wise. But to
spend so much on such a non return investment isn't what I can afford. Plus the rev range is somewhat disapointing. Realistically its only 3rd/4th gear that gets you anywhere. Mind 70 at the top end of 3rd isn't anything to cry about. Having to change gear every 0.5 seconds gets a little tedious. When I go for a decent blast I find myself either leaving it in 3rd just going up and down the boost range on a flowing road or flicking between 3rd/4th when there's some more straight sections.

So to sum it up. DCi to me is get for getting 65mpg, good to sit on the motorway in 5th never having to change gear. Foot down boosts up and goes past anything without any noise/hassle. Want a fast Clio? Go and buy a Renaultsport. :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin_172 had a ph2 dci 100 that was remapped, bigger intercooler etc. Ran about 130hp 210ft/lb. Had clutch issues when the car was hot, slipped a little! Gearbox was fine! But was very quick, held off a 172 cup one night, it struggled to pass us. Stopped further up the road the cup driver was gutted when he found out it was a deisel.

true story that! came off a roundabout at 30mph in 3rd and sank the boot as he pulled out to overtake me, he pulled back in as we were doing 90 odd mph in 5th gear! that look on his face at the services was brilliant just after he cracked the joke that his lightweight model was a good bit faster than my one seve...... is that a diesel????

car was effortless fast, just boring rev range, as said above if you want a fast hot hatch tuning a diesel is the wrong way to go about it! buy a renault sport. if you want a quickish fun mpg monster then its a cracking car, i didnt regret going from my 190hp 172 to the dci 100