ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Father & Son Meglio Project

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Evening all,

Been a good few years since I've been active but like most, I have come back to Renault and have recently purchased a Renault Clio 2007 1.4 with 90k on the clock - Body is in good condition.

More importantly, I have also purchased a 2005 Renault Megane 225 which is going to be used as a donor car for a hybrid Meglio.

The Engine including gearbox has been removed from the Clio, (Currently looking for a buyer if not will go as scrap).

Started to dismantle the Megane and have removed the driveshafts, suspension, hub & brakes.

Clio:-
clio.jpg

Current progress:-
megane.jpg

Future Plans:-
Clio 200 Bodykit with cup spoiler,
Time engine during the initial transfer,
630cc injectors,
Remap,
Forge later down the line,
Probably loads more that I cant think of right now.

Questions:-
I asked a reputable tuning company about the suspension setup and was advised we could use the Megane suspension but would need to move the top mounts due to wider track. However, the struts mount to hub differently which would mean we would need the Megane hubs or have we missed something?

ECU below is no good I believe as its from the 225 nor R26?
image3.jpeg

Engine Mounts, Am I correct in thinking we need the top one from the Clio's bottom two from the Megane?

PS. If anyone needs anything that I won't be using PM me and we can discuss a price. Megane bumpers and exhaust have gone.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Might be easier for you to use the Clio 197 suspension mate. You get to keel the swivel hubs but its already set up for the task and brembos too

Also, whats the condition of the wing mirrors too?

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Might be easier for you to use the Clio 197 suspension mate. You get to keel the swivel hubs but its already set up for the task and brembos too

Also, whats the condition of the wing mirrors too?

I thought that about the suspension as the Megane Hubs are HUGE. I read somewhere that the front struts from a 200 after 2010 won't fit but the 200 pre 2010 will and still retains the improve damping which was our initial plan.

I assume you are on about the condition of the Magane wing mirrors which are good I think, will confirm tomorrow.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that about the suspension as the Megane Hubs are HUGE. I read somewhere that the front struts from a 200 after 2010 won't fit but the 200 pre 2010 will and still retains the improve damping which was our initial plan.

I assume you are on about the condition of the Magane wing mirrors which are good I think, will confirm tomorrow.
Yeah the later MK3 won't fit, see if you can get a crash damaged 197 for parts. Alternatively I know someone that will have all the suspension parts you need bud

And yeah please, I need a decent set of black ones for my meg as the drivers one us a bit floppy😂

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’m curious why you didn’t buy a RenaultSport Clio for the conversion?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
That’s what I was thinking - for the cost of buying the 200 bumpers etc, I’d not bother.
I always remember that cool Mk2 Clio (1.2/1.4?) that was made into a 1*2 track car but kept the non RS bumpers. It was proper cool.