ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault code 179 - front side sensor circuit, driver no signal

Racing Blue Clio 182
Recently swapped the front seats out of my 182 and put some Recaro ones in. Had the airbag light on so have fitted resistors in the seat airbag plugs, and also put a resistor in for the passenger seat belt pre tensioner as someone had previously chopped the plug off. Had it plugged in the diagnostic machine at my mates work and deleted the fault codes and all is good....... expect for one code that I cannot get rid of......

Having look on the net it seems to refer to the drivers side impact sensor under the seat. I have located the sensor and checked the plug is in firm and it seems to be. So why now am I all of a sudden getting this code coming up? We went nowhere near this sensor when fitting the seats and it wasn't showing up as a fault before I replaced the seats.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Have you taken the plug off and reconnected? Might be that the pins are corroded and where you've done all the other work its pulled the wiring putting the light on

Renault Clio DCI 65
Recently swapped the front seats out of my 182 and put some Recaro ones in. Had the airbag light on so have fitted resistors in the seat airbag plugs, and also put a resistor in for the passenger seat belt pre tensioner as someone had previously chopped the plug off. Had it plugged in the diagnostic machine at my mates work and deleted the fault codes and all is good....... expect for one code that I cannot get rid of......

Having look on the net it seems to refer to the drivers side impact sensor under the seat. I have located the sensor and checked the plug is in firm and it seems to be. So why now am I all of a sudden getting this code coming up? We went nowhere near this sensor when fitting the seats and it wasn't showing up as a fault before I replaced the seats.
This would need to be coded out using CLIP software. Done on mine last week by Dan @ SJM Automotive.
He's a forum member/trader on here i think.

Racing Blue Clio 182
Have ordered a new (secondhand) sensor this week so next week when it comes perhaps the blokes that fitted the seats can also fit the sensor krisdale?

Renault Clio DCI 65
Is it due to a fault with the part though do you know, or is it just something triggered by the airbag lights coming on due to airbag sensors?
If you get it on the CLIP software, it will tell you, then you can code it to not look for the fault to find. Everything will work as is.

Racing Blue Clio 182
Replacement sensor put in and the SERV and airbag lights went off. Winner......... 200m up the road and they come back on again!! Bugger!!