ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Not long now, Ready

Just wondering how everones getting on with there final toucches? I spent 4hours with a stone chip stick yesterday! Booring YES!

Not even started yet lol

Need to get my wheels delivered, tyres fitted, buy / cut / carpet a false floor for the boot, hoover it all out, wash / clay bar / polish / wax the whole thing, apply the stickers and give it a check over before the big day...

Mazda MX5 1.8

car is not as "ready" as i had intended to be but ill be there

just hope there is a decent weather day before hand for the clean and for the drive up or my car will be all dirrrrrrty

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 19 May 2005

Getting a car ready for a show? :confused: Ah right I got ya, Ill fill it with petrol the night before. :cool:
Im with you Pete m8. My wheels are kerbed and my bonnet is covered in stone chips! I would like to have got the wheels done b4 the show but I havent got the time or the money at the mo.

Chris

Black/Gold 182!

lol, ive got my lowering done and exhaust on. Other than that ive run out of funds. Quick clean before i come up and im sorted.

cars having the side skirts changed today and my dampers still aint arrived!

Still gotta get that big stickers on the back window!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

why is it anal....its just someones pride and joy and they want it to look good for the day.

i had lots i wanted to do but just didnt have the funds, i had some plans to do before the show but havent got round to those as i have been pritty ill.

my tyres SHOULD be coming tomorrow, 1 week late, then i was gonna have some door dings removed (not happened yet because of illness)

then a polish,wax etc

why is it anal because its just a car its ok to have a hobby but some of you lot just get stupid about imho and the level of detail and things is getting very anal

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

dont want to argue mcbunny as i am a lover not a fighter, can kind of see your point but everybody has there own interests

i am not saying you shouldnt say your opinion as everyone has a right but you should know what people are like

i know what people are like on here and they are bloody anal when it comes to their cars its gotten worse lately with all the cleaning threads. saying people are anal isnt an insult tho an anal retentive person is just someone with a meticulous attention to detail HAS is very very anal about his car and it looks all the better for it but i forgive him as he is a bit odd ;)

but imho it gets to the point where you can only polish a clio so much and it still wont turn into a zonda :D

oh yeah dont get me wrong but the way this forums users are going by this time next week they are all going to have worn right through the paintwork !!!!

Agreed and the end of the day a car is for driving, stone chips etc are going to happen. Whats the point of spending hours over the weekend waxing your car etc when its going to be dirty by a tuesday.

VaVa

What a f**king sad sentiment that is. Your going to die eventually, so whats the point in living?

Whats the point of anything??

Mines ready, got no center console, someones put scratches on paint, nicely kurbed alloy and to top it off, Ive tried to cover most of the scratches with the fcs stickers :D

Quote: Originally posted by Jase16v on 19 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 19 May 2005I have no headlights.[/QUOTE] Thats o.k its a day time show!

Depart at 2am though.

Ive just got the gearbox off and stripped down. Hopefully i can get it all back together before next wekkend. O and the interior is still in about 10 parts. Grrrr.

500bhp Scoob

mines still in pieces across my driveway, havent replaced the tyres yet, havent put the new calipers, brake pads and discs on yet, havent bought new guages yet either.

starting to become a rush job now, as ive planned other things around getting the car back on the road for the weekend of the 29th

Fitted most of my single wiper conversion on saturday.

In the bodyshop this week to touch up a few bits and finish the wiper.

Then next week just got to fit a new aerial and change some bulbs......

....at least I think thats all! lol!

My cars about 50% done it in one piece on the drive the rest of its sitting in the front room.
Worst thing is Ive still got a load more bits to remove first before I can begin to stick it back together.

PS Im not doing this for FCS just cos it needs doing and FCS is a good deadline to have to get the car back again.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 19 May 2005

why is it anal because its just a car its ok to have a hobby but some of you lot just get stupid about imho and the level of detail and things is getting very anal
title "french car show" ...

i think thats why people do it... i did see your further replies and thats all fair enough....

Maybe this year instead of a cliosport stand there should be a "CLIOSPORT WWE smackdown stand" where everyone gets dressed in westling gear and beats the crap out of each other.. hosility is at a high this evening it would seem....

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

car is 80% the way there just a proper clean with my new meguires stuff and a tidy up of the install n ill be sorted prob will take out a few stone chips too and do an oil change b4 long journey so not too much to do.....

ill do all that on tue and wed next week